A Donation Button Next To Our Dogs On Petrescue

No one ever said half the things people are ranting about, that is the problem and the 'gobsmacking' things about the thread, Shel said she welcomed feedback, she got it. Everyone keeps ranting about how positive PetRescue is, and it is positive, that was never the point, so I don't understand why people keep ranting away like someone has said PetRescue is the worst site in the universe, stealing donations, and does nothing to help advertise animals. Seriously........

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a rescuer's point of view, I think the request in this thread was for more clarity and transparency so that people don't think they are donating to rescue groups and perhaps an explanation somewhere obvious that Petrescue is the vehicle/showcase/website that is open to different rescuers to present their rescued animals rather than a rescue organisation.

When anyone is donating to anything they want to know where there dollar is going and what it will be used for. Petrescue has a great site and I certainly appreciate having access to it = as all rescuers do. Of course it cannot be maintained for free and that is understood. Can this be covered by advertising - i don't know. Perhaps donations also pay for the service, this could be explained clearly somewhere.

Yes, people SHOULD read things properly but they don't. Yes, i am very clear in my communications as to which rescue group I'm rehoming dogs through but a few years on, sometimes people lose their paperwork and remember they found their dog on Petrescue - this is certainly true of numerous people that have applied to adopt my rescued dogs.