Your Favourite Leash?

Jemmy

Time for an update! I was so indecisive, and then I found 2 local leather workers. Then I couldn't decide between them, so these are what I got! Both places have Facebook pages.

From Thorndene Saddlery:

dccfb92fe0a50e167c5ae2371efb95c5.jpg

From Tania Burbury - Leatherworker:

1991f396c00befdc454a483c4d7a701f.jpg

Great leads! Nothing beats the look and feel of a good leather lead IMO

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great leads! Nothing beats the look and feel of a good leather lead IMO

I'm so happy with them. I always used leather reins when I rode as a teenager, I had honestly forgotten how comfortable leather is in the hand. Now to decide which one to use for our walk and dog class tomorrow!

Sorry to derail but does anyone use the syntek leashes from k9 pro? I am tempted by their purpleness....

I have a K9 Syntek collar and lead for my puppy - bright pink lol she definitely stands out especially if she's also wearing her bright pink K9 puppy harness too!

Its super, I LOVE it but I can image it would get slippery in the wet.

I have just bought another pink lead for my other dog Maple so they match :D

I've tried all sorts of fancy leads over the years but always go back to the basic flat cotton webbing lead with a D ring on the handle.

Edited by blinkblink

Love those leads! The first one is beautiful.

I have a bit of a collection going. Not including the crap load of matching (and not matching) collars and harnesses.

I have a Julius K9 one that's like a gripper, but with more of rows rubber and is 2m and adjustable, it's awesome. 2 leather leashes from a local leather worker, a normal rogz one, and I need to hurry up and put in my order with Ruthless... laugh.gif I know I want burgundy leather but can't decide on the collar yet!

rofl1.gif Love it Willowlane! And they say I like my westies to 'match'! rofl1.gif

westiemum I was slightly disappointed when Steve said Maple needed a martingale collar as they only came in black so they can only half match :laugh:

Soooo..... you get a new black lead. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Something made me think the clip on the blackdog ones looked a bit flimsy, but they're a well known brand so I'm sure they're probably fine. I might just order one and see how it goes

We have two long lines. A 10 metre light stake out chain for camping and a horses lunge line for recall.

I like the horse lunge line because it's cheap, very long, stronger clasp, gentle on hands and harder for her to bite through in one chomp if something startles her / if it can hold a panicking horse it can hold a panicking dog

We have two long lines. A 10 metre light stake out chain for camping and a horses lunge line for recall.

I like the horse lunge line because it's cheap, very long, stronger clasp, gentle on hands and harder for her to bite through in one chomp if something startles her / if it can hold a panicking horse it can hold a panicking dog

For training a puppy/dog in recall, would you suggest a 5m or 10m lead? He is a GSP so will eventually be 30kg.

For training a puppy/dog in recall, would you suggest a 5m or 10m lead? He is a GSP so will eventually be 30kg.

You could do either. I'm preferring 5m because I found I was getting tangled in anything longer.