Osteosarcoma In Giant Breeds

Pheebs

:hug: Hugs to you Pheebs, this insidious disease is a heartbreaker.

As others have said you had no option, the cancer was already rampant.

I would like to quote a paragraph from your opening post

I'm selfishly having great trouble in trying to make a balanced decision on what's best for Lucy. She's had 3 bloat episodes (gas bloat never proceeded to torsion thankfully), she has a long and complex history of behavioural issues and husband and I are planning a family and I'm not convinced if she lives long enough to see us have children that they would be safe in her presence.

Pheebs, you have given Lucy freedom from pain & in return she has given her blessing for you to start a family. When you hold your newborn in the months to come, I have no doubt you will think of Lucy with the deepest love & affection..... those thoughts will be free of guilt & agony, although tinged with sadness.

Rest easy dear Lucy :rainbowbridge:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pheebs, you have given Lucy freedom from pain & in return she has given her blessing for you to start a family. When you hold your newborn in the months to come, I have no doubt you will think of Lucy with the deepest love & affection..... those thoughts will be free of guilt & agony, although tinged with sadness.

This is exactly what I've been telling myself and am so very grateful that someone else would echo the same sentiment. Thank you so much :cry:

This is exactly what I've been telling myself and am so very grateful that someone else would echo the same sentiment. Thank you so much :cry:

:kissbetter:

:kissbetter:

:hug::heart:

Being completely selfless can be so gut and heart wrenching, but Khama has a way of bringing back to you what you gave. Good Khama to you, Pheebs.

RIP Lucy. My girl "Kal" (bhcs) is at the rainbow bridge waiting for me. Say hello and trot a while with her - she'll guide you.