Chihuahuas

Perfume

My first dog was a Chihuahua and she lived to the ripe old age of 18. I've always had a fondness for the breed and although I was contemplating purchasing either a Shetland Sheepdog or a Japanese Spitz, I opted for the Chihuahua instead as I didn't want to risk ending up with a very vocal breed which both the SS and the JS are known for. I've always looked at photos of Chihuahua pups but have found that there seems to be a trend towards the Deer type rather than the apple head. Both are equally gorgeous but I do prefer the shorter nosed, apple head type. I don't know if it's just me but years ago the apple head was more prevalent but not so much nowadays.

I have noticed the same thing, we got our short haired girl about 18 months ago, it took me ages to find one with a nice apple head.

I really don't like the racey look to me they don't look like true chihuahuas.

Having had a chihuahua before, I always find myself looking at photos of Chihuahuas and have found a trend towards the Deer type. I would love a nice apple head with a shorter nose, preferably a cream.

The chihuahuas in the ring these days are anything but less exaggerated. They're bred for the shortest noses and the roundest heads from what I see!

I haven't been to a dog show in years but the pups I see advertised appear to have a narrower head and a pointier, longer muzzle.