A N K C Now Recognises Lure Coursing

Kirislin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thankyou! :worship::thumbsup: the 90degree thing had me confused for a while because I'd read it as no MORE than 90 degrees when it really should say no LESS, but your wording of no sharper makes more sense and is easier to understand. I'll study the course you've posted.

Another thing to take into consideration is that most courses are run in both directions so you need to make sure it works both ways. :)

Yes, I was looking at yours and imagining it going the other way. thanks. Did you plan that from a google earth map or have you got a drone?

Google earth. That way I can see how it fits in the actual area being used.

Cracking photos again Kirislin, love the Afghan in full flight :thumbsup:

We had our "Fastest Dog in Australia' heat on Good Friday, it was a lot of fun and Poppy ran like the wind - she is so eager and keen for the lure now :D

I believe there are still some states left to run their trials for this year's competition, so take your dog along and have some fun!

The Australian Lure Coursing Association fb page has some information - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399559963621860/

Cracking photos again Kirislin, love the Afghan in full flight :thumbsup:

We had our "Fastest Dog in Australia' heat on Good Friday, it was a lot of fun and Poppy ran like the wind - she is so eager and keen for the lure now :D

I believe there are still some states left to run their trials for this year's competition, so take your dog along and have some fun!

The Australian Lure Coursing Association fb page has some information - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399559963621860/

Yep, our club will be running it in Vic next month.

Look forward to hearing how you go Kirislin :)

I was just looking at the ANKC rules and wondered how clubs are going with getting judges - looking at the criteria, it seems like it would be pretty tricky to find anyone matching the below requirements, especially the bolded points?

Just curious, as not having participated in any ANKC sports before, how do 'new' sports get off the ground and get judges trained etc.?

http://ankc.org.au/media/1093/1809lure_coursing_2015v2.pdf

12 LURE COURSING JUDGES

•

Australian judges recognised by the ANKC as eligible Lure Coursing Judges may be approved to judge at any sanctioned Lure Coursing Event, and must be members in good standing with the Member Body.

•

Overseas judges may be contracted to judge at sanctioned Lure Coursing Events in Australia, provided that they are in good standing and registered with an ANKC recognised overseas organisation.

•

A registry of Australian Lure Coursing Judges will be kept and maintained by the ANKC

General Requirements for Lure Coursing Judges

To be eligible to apply for a Lure Coursing Judges licence all of the following requirements must be met -

Be a member of an ANKC Ltd Member Body for at least 3 years prior to the

application and be a current financial member of an ANKC Ltd Member Body and be in good standing.

Must be 18 years of age or older.

Must have a good knowledge of the coursing abilities of purebred Sighthounds and other breeds recognised by the ANKC and have noted Lure Coursing experience.

Must be conversant with the running rules and field procedures of Lure Coursing.

Must make written application to the Executive and Committee of their desire to be an approved Judge.

Must undertake a course of study as directed by his/her mentor Judge(s).

Must have acted as an Apprentice Judge under supervision of at least two already recognised Judges for a minimum of 12 months.

Must have coursed and Titled a dog to Field Champion (FCH)/ equivalent or ANKC

recognised title from equivalent organisations

At the discretion of the relevant ANKC Ltd Member Body, aspirants may be required to pass a preliminary theory examination, based on the rules and regulations and general requirements for the Conduct of Lure Coursing Tests and Trials.

12.1.10 Aspirants will also be required to undertake an examination based on the

Rules for the Conduct of Lure Coursing Trials and Tests, and have passed with a minimum of 85%

There are two separate intake streams just as there have been for all the start up ANKC recognised sporting activities.

The first intake is the people who, in the opinion of their state or territory board/council, are suitable to be recognised as judges to get the sport off the ground. Without judges you cannot have trials so you have to start somewhere. These people across the states/territories I am familiar with have relevant experience (again, which is ratified by the board/council of their governing body) that means they are suitable to get things started.

Once trials have been run, then the judges' training scheme follows what is set out in the rules.

There has been unofficial judges in Qld for quite awhile now and they have trained under Sabine who is a recognised judge from overseas (and who was one of the founding members of the club). From there it will go in waves.

There has been unofficial judges in Qld for quite awhile now and they have trained under Sabine who is a recognised judge from overseas (and who was one of the founding members of the club). From there it will go in waves.

QLD ran a testing day to qualify their first intake of judges and one of the new NSW judges also went to that testing day.

• 3 months later...

Poppy had what could be her last ever course on Saturday :( We are moving back to the UK and from the looks of it there are no 'all breed' clubs doing coursing.

We will probably get a greyhound once we are settled in our own house, so will have to take it up again then and Pops will have to find some rabbits to chase in the meantime :laugh:

The weather was awful and we were at new grounds, so the course was a short 100m run. Poppy still loved it and forgot all about that rain once she spotted the course being set up!

Looking keen between her runs - let me see that lure!

IMAG1857_1.jpg

These are her runs.....