Paid For The Dog But Never Got The Papers

Hey guys, I purchased a dog from interstate on MR with intentions of showing and breeding the dog. I paid for the dog in full, including flights and the dog arrived. Two months later and I haven't received the papers and I'm worried I've forked out a lot of money for a dog I can't do anything with because I can't even transfer it into my name. I have bugged the person at least weekly and keep getting told that they will post them soon but they never come. I am in NSW. Does anyone know what I can do about this??

Hey guys, I purchased a dog from interstate on MR with intentions of showing and breeding the dog. I paid for the dog in full, including flights and the dog arrived. Two months later and I haven't received the papers and I'm worried I've forked out a lot of money for a dog I can't do anything with because I can't even transfer it into my name. I have bugged the person at least weekly and keep getting told that they will post them soon but they never come. I am in NSW. Does anyone know what I can do about this??

You will need to contact the relevant authority in the State the dog came from.

If you have only had your pup for two weeks you have not given the state authority or the breeder time enough.

Some breeders do not register the puppies until the whole litter is sold and secondly it can take a couple of weeks for the state body to do the registering.

I would wait one more week, seeing as the breeder has said they will post it to you as soon as they have the papers for you, then if nothing has arrived contact DogsVic.

Does anyone know the outcome of similar circumstances? Would hate to have to place the dog purely because I could never get it transferred into my name.

I am aware of a case and it all turned out ok..

State body re-issued registration papers in new owners name but I believe that it took a little time and they had to provide verification and documentation. As others have stated you need to make contact with the state body that the dog was originally registered with and start the process.

Have you got an agreement with the breeder that states that you are buying the dog on main register?

What is the breeder saying? why haven they given you the pepers? Ask them to scan the pedigree and emial it to you.

Perhaps its time to tell the breeder you are returning the dog to them, as this is not what you bought.

Out of interest - what breed?

Yes it was all very straight forward neither of us are rookies in this hobby and know exactly what the deal was. I bought the dog outright with every intention of showing it/breeding it and the original owner knew of this. They aren't sending the papers saying "I'll do it tomorrow" and making a bunch of excuses as to why they haven't gotten around to it yet.