How To Remove Pine Sap From Coat

HazyWal

I have recently moved house and at my last house I had massive pine trees in the small yard. Maddie has a patch of sap and dirt stuck to it on her ribs and and a bit near her leg and I cannot get it off for love nor money. She had a hydrobath last week and that didn't shift it at all. Any tips on how to remove it?

TIA

You can see it on her ribs in the pic...excuse Stanley flashing his bits to all and sundry :o

post-38965-0-22877600-1415760861_thumb.jpg

Quickest one I have used is this:

Rub the dog’s sticky fur with one or two teaspoons of butter. Keep rubbing until the sap has dissolved. Butter is also edible and safe for your dog to lick, and it's effective as a solvent on wet or dry fur.

Scrub the area with dog shampoo and rinse with warm water.

Comb slowly through the treated dog hair. Repeat the entire procedure until the sap is removed completely.

What I like is it's dog-gone safe

:)

from some online site that I forgot to name on my files.....

Peanut butter!

I lent on a post on our new deck on the weekend which has sap seeping out of it (whole other issue!)and it went all over my dress. I lathered it in peanut butter, rinsed in warm water and amazingly it dissolved it. I also had some on my skin and lathering with hand sanitizer removed that.

good luck from keeping the dogs from licking the peanut butter when your trying to clean it off!

Stan's eyeballs nearly popped out of his head VM, my two have never tasted peanut butter before and while Maddie was a bit meh good old Stanley was licking the spoon like a dog possessed :laugh:

Of course he was :laugh:

Stan heaven right there!