Boarding Kennels - Central Coast

Stressmagnet

Hi

I'll be popping down to Melbourne to see a concert with friends in Feb 2015.

I've got my kids sorted but I need an equally good place for my fur boy. It needs to be within the Central coast area - no more than a 2 hr drive from Gosford.

Requirements?

Daily exercise of at least ½ hour

Cuddle time and human interaction as he adores people. Mental games a plus.

Playtime with other dogs as he will still be a pup

A luxury room not required but everything else is. Ernie is happy sacked out on concrete as long as his other needs are met

(Edited because I cannot see words on my iPhone and typos bug me)

I've seen ths ads and the websites, I'm really hoping someone has personal stories to share.

Edited by Stressmagnet

Your area has some good places.

We went to visit this site ( on the recommendation of DOL-ers)....

http://www.pets.net.au/packages.htm

and

http://www.janarlee.com.au/

1st place looked like Paradise. Plenty of options offered for dogs at all stages of life. Owners were right on the ball.

2nd place is where a friend sends her dog. She has always sent her dogs there over the years.

Good planning ahead. That means you can make sure Ernie gets exactly what you want.

:D

Depends on how long you're going for?

Janarlee can be a bit hit and miss but most of the negative comments I've heard are from greyhound owners.

Playhouse Pet Motel at Wyee has recently changed hands, I have been there (not boarded) and it seems a pretty good set up.

http://playhousepetmotel.com/

If it's only short term say a couple of days then Kireena Park Boarding Kennels at Erina Heights is great and very reasonably priced. I used to manage this kennel myself and Sharon that took over from me is really good. The kennels are older but clean and Sharon has dog walkers that walk them around the acreage. They also get playtime in the fenced pool area and she lives on site.

I do not recommend Terrigal Pet Resort.

Edited by HazyWal

We use to send our boy to playhouse pet motel wyee for many years, he loved going there.

(didn't know it changed hands).

I would of highly recommended them, we just changed to Akuna near cessnock 2 years back, as it is closer for us and recommended by our vet and a close friend.

Akuna is great, but still thought playhouse went that extra mile.

We used Terrigal Pet Resort once and would never use them again.

Would recommend just popping in to the kennels that are near you, ask a few questions and have a look around.

Good luck!