The Adventures Of Ronin And Tigger - Update 29/05/17

Yonjuro

I thought I would post this in general so people could see how two totally different breeds can be best of mates...

Ronin and Tigger rumble, chase each other and wrestle in a very full on manner, then they are happy to have a rest and chill before one decides it is time to bug the other and start all over again :D

I think this photo show the trust of their relationship - note Tigger's tail :D

post-49154-0-17278700-1416280159_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yonjuro

Best friends and happy as pigs in mud! You look like you need the shampoo I found in Petbarn the other day called I'm A Filthy Beast! :laugh:

shampoo-with-tea-tree-oil.jpg

:rofl: The bonus of having a Husky is their teflon coat - he is now clean with no need of a bath :thumbsup:

Awh, they're so sweet! :)

Didi gets along with most dogs but is always so cute with her berner friend. Here they both found a chunk from a palm tree and they then took turns letting the other one have a nibble.

post-51158-141628280899_thumb.jpg

Edited by Terri S.

We have three odd ducks - shar pei, SBT and husky/shep cross. I wouldn't say they are best friends but they do everything together (except sleep) and play hard! They certainly consider themselves a pack - if one goes on an outing without the others it does not go down well! And they each have different strengths and weaknesses but as a collective they rely on and support each other. They even interact with us humans differently so there is no real competition and everyone has a place here.

Us humans could learn a lot from dogs about acceptance!

... yep loving the greyhounds these days :D

I was hesitant to post this pic as it looks quite ferocious but I can guarantee this is typical of some of their play that they reserve only for each other :eek: :D

post-49154-0-29990600-1416298193_thumb.jpg

That is a classic!

It needs a caption let me think lol

Yonjuro, you are a classic. What a wonderful thread. And your caption for the teefies is hilarious.

I'll never forget the time some years ago, a DOLer was staying overnight leaving her doggie with me before going overseas and she came into the kitchen to tell me my dogs were fighting. :eek::eek: I could actually hear them and knew they were playing.

Yonjuro, you are a classic. What a wonderful thread. And your caption for the teefies is hilarious.

I'll never forget the time some years ago, a DOLer was staying overnight leaving her doggie with me before going overseas and she came into the kitchen to tell me my dogs were fighting. :eek::eek: I could actually hear them and knew they were playing.

:D Thanks DDD!!

Oh, I know how you must have felt, this kind of play can certainly freak some out. Big tufts of undercoat come flying out of Ronins coat sometimes and I have seen the horror on people that don't know them or the teenage rumbles they get up to.

This morning I put my hand in Tiggers mouth to remove a big clump of hair from his tongue :laugh: I am lucky that Tiggers owner is so great that we frequently have these meet ups and both of our dogs are very equal with each other but will play gentle with the little ones like a pug x that came in while our teenage hooligans were doing their normal stuff :laugh:

You'd better muzzle those two large ferocious beasts; lookit at how dangerously feral they are! ;)

That's an awesome teef shot Yonjuro!

Thanks RSA ! :D

Yeah, those savage beasts definitely need muzzles :laugh: We do spend a fair bit of time explaining to people that they are just playing but when you see ones head in the other's mouth it must be alarming :eek: - they both must have great bite control though as there is never a squeak of discomfort, and Ronin has to use all his smarts to tangle with the extra 14kg that Tigger has on him :D

A few others sometimes try and join in and they both always tone it down for them, but we generally pick very quiet times so they can have their sessions.

:rofl: love the meme :thumbsup:

It's obvious Ronin in very gentle with Tigger even with rough play as greyhounds have skin like tissue paper that tears easily. I was picking a goober out of the corner of Stan's eye once and I actually took the fur off with my fingernail :eek: