The Adventures Of Ronin And Tigger - Update 29/05/17

Yonjuro

How absolutely wonderful to see Ronin and Tigger again, Yonjuro.  Loved the sledding through the bush - just amazing.  The dogs just wore themselves out trying to race.  If the path had been wider, Ronin would have left the other two far behind LOL.  

The slo-mo in the last vid was so interesting. 

Thanks for giving us so much pleasure.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

How absolutely wonderful to see Ronin and Tigger again, Yonjuro.  Loved the sledding through the bush - just amazing.  The dogs just wore themselves out trying to race.  If the path had been wider, Ronin would have left the other two far behind LOL.  

The slo-mo in the last vid was so interesting. 

Thanks for giving us so much pleasure.   

Thanks DDD, The sledding was just training and the black dog was just learning the ropes so it was all good training fun. But yeah it was 5.5km so quite long for a single dog at that pace. We slowed down at the back end for sure. 

We don't get to see Tigs as much as I would like - the big public park has become a bit of a pain of late, too much drama and Tigs got attacked last week and some nasty punctures - but winter should see less people and a few more sessions :-) 

7 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

Oh No!!! Poor Tigger - such a beautiful dog.  Dog parks are like social media:  people think they are entitled to be nasty.  

Yeah, I wasn't there but I got a message and photos from his owner. Poor fella wouldn't hurt a fly :-( 

21 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

What a beautiful spot.  Is that the Swan River?   

Thanks DDD, yeah it is a nice spot on the Swan that we always have to ourselves - 15 minute drive from home...just perfect for the 36 - 40 degree days, even has a nice shady spot to park the car! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yonjuro said:

Thanks DDD, yeah it is a nice spot on the Swan that we always have to ourselves - 15 minute drive from home...just perfect for the 36 - 40 degree days, even has a nice shady spot to park the car! 

:shhh:  don’t tell anyone.   

• Like 1

Oh poor Tigger! He's been attacked there before hasn't he? I've definitely seen a worrying number of irresponsible owners and rude dogs there when I've gone past. Where is the park in your videos located? Looks very nice (and quiet!) :)

Ronin looks terrific, by the way. 

Edited by Mim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

:shhh:  don’t tell anyone.   

Hahahaha - yeah it is a good spot but it is a big river too :)

50 minutes ago, Mim said:

Oh poor Tigger! He's been attacked there before hasn't he? I've definitely seen a worrying number of irresponsible owners and rude dogs there when I've gone past. Where is the park in your videos located? Looks very nice (and quiet!) :)

Ronin looks terrific, by the way. 

Good memory Mim, Tigs was attacked and mauled by two beagles of all dogs close to 3 years ago. This was a Staffy this time so it could have been more serious, the puncture wounds are close to his throat and his Tigs owner thinks his harness protected him a bit. He is okay, back at vet today - wanted to do some stitches (or something like that) but decided against it as he would have to get put under and didn't want to, due to his heart murmur. It sounds like he is going to be fine and on ABs 

The park in the videos is not really a dog park per se. It is on lead only, but if late or rainy and no one is there I let him have a run - I do stand by the gate so I can pop the lead on if anyone is coming in. A few local dog people do the same but we are mindful that not everyone wants dogs running around, so we respect that. If people are there I just keep the lead on and chuck laps. PM me if you want the location :) 

Thanks for the comment about Ronin too :)

Edited by Yonjuro
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...