Rottweiler Breeder

bedazzledx2

They state that they breed to the NRC(A )COE, so I would say that they are registered - I doubt that a non-registered breeder would even know what the NRC(A) was. I also know the person who has done their website, and she wouldn't have done it if they weren't registered, I don't think.

The breeders directories that are listed on Canine Association websites are not complete lists of all registered breeders, only listings of those breeders who have paid a fee to be listed, so not being listed on the Dogs West website certainly doesn't suggest that they aren't registered :)

What Allerzeit says.

Added, to be breeding in accordance with NRC(A) (National Rottweiler Council of Australia) COE one must be a member of at least one of the 6 state breeds club. To be a member of a state breeds club one must be a member of their state CC.

Among our breed if you are breeding in accordance with the NRC(A), seeing that is a must more stringent COE than any ANKC affiliated club, it goes without saying that they are a state CC member under the banner of ANKC. The hip/elbow/eye/mouth certificates/testing are all NRC(A) requirements, not ANKC. ANKC only ask that the dog is hip scored. They don't care what the score is. NRC(A) states that both sire and dam of any litter must not have a combined score over 20.

Also, most the dogs in their pedigrees are bred by people I know personally or know of and all these people are also ANKC registered breeders.

I don't believe I know this breeder/kennel prefix, though it is possible I have seen them and were not aware of who they were.

Bedazzled, though I totally understand that many pet people would not know about the NRC(A), it would suggest to me that your friend should do some more research about the breed if they are looking to purchase a puppy. They could email or call any of the 6 state breed clubs to find out some more general and specific information on the breed.

I would also be more than happy to answer any questions they may have.

Edited by Starkehre