Huskies Can't Loose Lead Walk!

Yonjuro

...oh yes they can :D

Here is a little vid of my daughter Caitlin who is 6 years and 10 months old practising loose lead walking with Ronin. They have done some really nice laps but unfortunately I didn't have the camera. I am so proud of her efforts and of course Ronin for generally being a good boy :D

The harness is my Julius K9 which clips from the back, it is not designed as an easy walk harness and if anything will give the dog more power to pull.

Note; This is only done in a controlled environment where the area is fenced in and free from other dogs and people. I would never risk such an exercise on a street or a park where there are other dogs, children and other distraction.

I hope to update with some more of her efforts in the future :)

Edited by Yonjuro

Thanks everyone, Caitlin is so happy that people are watching it and commenting :D This is really only the third or fourth time she has tried loose lead walking. The first time Ronin was prancing and looking at her and my jaw dropped at how good it looked, it really put me to shame :laugh:

IS THAT YOUR BACK GARDEN .?????

Oh I wish DDD :D it is a lovely little park around the corner, often it is packed with kids so we just pick our times carefully so Ronin can have a run off lead and some training on lead on occasions.

Edited by Yonjuro

Great job Caitlin & Ronin. What a stunning park, love all the shade.

Thanks Justrace :) and yes the park is lovely and fenced in, it has lemon trees and a mulberry tree for anyone to take fruit. It is definitely a family park as opposed to a dog park, but dogs are allowed.

That is gorgeous :heart:

Great job Caitlin & Ronin. What a stunning park, love all the shade.

Thanks Justrace :) and yes the park is lovely and fenced in, it has lemon trees and a mulberry tree for anyone to take fruit. It is definitely a family park as opposed to a dog park, but dogs are allowed.

It is very cool!