Puppy Sexism?

pennysmum

I also agree, i have always loved the boys :heart: but have noticed females are more expensive. All my dogs were cheaper than their female siblings, and one of my boys marked down even more for an umbilical hernia- his 'bellybutton' is harmless and oh so cute.

My boys dont either rebanne.

Actually, we were road tripping and Deniki cocked his leg on a bush and i actually pointed and said "OMG, Rhianna (My sister whom i was travelling with) look! He's peeing on the bush!" and a few passers by thought i was the weirdest person in the world :laugh:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always had female myself and Badger is my first male.

I don't like it when some boys have their lipstick out and thankfully Badger never has. Not that I have ever seen. And until Badger, I thought all males cock their leg on everything. They actually don't!

Horrible Herbert is ambivalent about the full leg lift.

Sometimes he falls over himself.

Momma has to bit her lip & not laugh.

:rofl:

Honestly I don't think you could pay me to have another female dog.

Boys are so much more devoted and cuddly!

Rosie is a beeotch. And she too lifts her leg and does the half handstand. She's also cunning, a plotter and a thief. She's nuts! Haha.

:laugh: Maddie's long lost twin, I don't call her the beady eyed assassin for nothing. That's why I named her Maddie as she's M-A-D! She is very cuddly to me but she's a cunning little piece of work :scared:

I'm the same Steph I just love my boys, I've always had them and I've never really thought about their penis. Balls on the other hand nup...they aren't attractive on any species O.o

Edited by HazyWal

Rosie is a beeotch. And she too lifts her leg and does the half handstand. She's also cunning, a plotter and a thief. She's nuts! Haha.

:laugh: Maddie's long lost twin, I don't call her the beady eyed assassin for nothing. That's why I named her Maddie as she's M-A-D! She is very cuddly to me but she's a cunning little piece of work.

I'm the same Steph I just love my boys, I've always had them and I've never really thought about their penis. Balls on the other hand nup...they aren't attractive on any species O.o

laugh.gif Just get a fluffy dog, then you can't see them. Unless they flash them at you, which I swear is sometimes done on purpose.

Boys make great pets when desexed & are a little bit softer, more affectionate & less independent than girls.

I think they also make great pets when entire!

Don't fall for the 'they all mark in the house' rubbish or any of the stereotypes put about by people who, frankly, know very little about dogs.

My BITCH also cocks her leg LOL

Edited by Haredown Whippets

:laugh: Maddie's long lost twin, I don't call her the beady eyed assassin for nothing. That's why I named her Maddie as she's M-A-D! She is very cuddly to me but she's a cunning little piece of work :scared:

The only time the doodle got any thought was when Gus was about 8 months old and I was convinced he had an infection, you think green-yellow discharge you think infection, right?

The young vet was swabbing away and the older vet walked past and explained its just doodle-goo. I was embarrassed as hell, but at least I wasn't the young vet!

As for balls they will get any species into trouble they're not equipped to get out of alone, every time!

Maddie sounds very similar! Give her an inch and she will take a mile, give her nothing and she probably will too. Rosie works my partner like you wouldn't believe. He's so soft on her and she knows it! caught her on the bench today opening the butter cloche and she took off to bed where OH was and got under the blankets and acted like a beaten dog, shameless!

Gus on the other hand, will steal undies or a sock and bring it to you as a gift. No sense in that one...

Always had females until the last 18 months - now I have my boy he is the most devoted dog - the girls are a bit more independent IMO. The boys are absolute love puppies. :)

Edited by Tapua

Actually, we were road tripping and Deniki cocked his leg on a bush and i actually pointed and said "OMG, Rhianna (My sister whom i was travelling with) look! He's peeing on the bush!" and a few passers by thought i was the weirdest person in the world :laugh:

Lol. I always cheer Reggie when he does a 'big boy wee' :o He hardly marks at all, so it's a momentous occasion! :rofl:

A grand majority of the puppy enquiries in my breed are for bitches as people tend to believe they are softer and more affectionate. They're wrong :laugh: The girls are smaller than the males and although aren't as strong they can still pull like freight trains in their not trained and as of yet I've not seen a price difference between males and females. Given a choice I would always take a boy. They make better show dogs and are total sweethearts.

My girls are tough as nails, independent and very wilful. They are very sweet but it's always on their terms (the exception being my Spooky girl who is my constant shadow) and if anyone tells you bitches don't mark they need to come and meet my Daenerys!

Can't say I've ever understood the dislike of seeing the males genitals....always struck me as kind of bizarre to be honest.

Edited by Bjelkier

:laugh: Maddie's long lost twin, I don't call her the beady eyed assassin for nothing. That's why I named her Maddie as she's M-A-D! She is very cuddly to me but she's a cunning little piece of work.

laugh.gif Just get a fluffy dog, then you can't see them. Unless they flash them at you, which I swear is sometimes done on purpose.

Nope short haired and no balls....

hmmmm sounds a bit like my ex :laugh:

I like the balance of having an entire boy and a couple of girls in the house. I've had different breeds and there is no doubt the personalities of the sexes are different. My girl is super snuggly but she is intense and wild and a huge amount of fun when out working. My lad is not snuggly but loves to be near me - training wise he's fun and a little steadier and more reliable but that could be an age thing. I can't say I prefer one or the other.

I like the balance of having an entire boy and a couple of girls in the house. I've had different breeds and there is no doubt the personalities of the sexes are different. My girl is super snuggly but she is intense and wild and a huge amount of fun when out working. My lad is not snuggly but loves to be near me - training wise he's fun and a little steadier and more reliable but that could be an age thing. I can't say I prefer one or the other.

How do you find having both entire boys and entire girls? Nitro is my first entire boy, and I'm not sure whether to stick to boys only or whether it will be doable to add in a girl, seeing as I don't want to desex until fully grown at least.

Kavik, in between seasons it's an absolute breeze. The first season wasn't easy but that was purely a lack of experience on my part. It's not a big deal anymore. As soon Em starts bleeding the routine starts as it keeps Zig much calmer. The chooks get locked up 24/7 in their Palace and Em only toilets and exercises in their yard (7 ft fence but still under supervision - twice a year this yard gets weeded by me :D ). Zig has his own yard. Apart from that he is happier if he is close to her so it's crate and rotate in the living area (where I set up my work day), sheets on the furniture when Em is out and she wears pants as well. Last time I added a play pen around the crate as well meaning the double barrier gives Em a bit more "mental" space when she is chowing down on her Kongs. I maintain the rule that one dog is always with me in situations where I leave the room. I also do LOTS of training with both of them - brains are a bit squishy but I push through it.