Walking The Dog In The Rain

Stressmagnet

Gumboots and the most unattractive rain slicker known to humanity. Unless I'm feeling unwell, Ernie is now getting his wallkies, rain or shine. I keep a couple of old towels in the boot of my car to dry him off. The smell of wet labrador can be... Overpowering.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Kathmandu jacket and generally just some skins. Water proof beanie if it's cold.

Nova has a Hurtta raincoat but he normally only wears it if it's pouring or we are going to walk into town for a coffee where soaking wet dog isn't the nicest.

Eau de wet Labradore is very strong.

Edited by LisaCC

I walk two dogs so don't have a spare hand for a brolly.

We don't walk in heavy rain because the dogs don't enjoy it. We walk in light rain and I wear a waterproof hooded jacket. Dogs are nekid unless it's really cold and they wear coats.

How is it that on a day when the forecast is for occasional showers, I go outside and have a look at the clouds and it looks like we can get our walk in before it starts raining, then by the time I grab dogs, leads, and pick up bags we get half way down the driveway it starts raining?

What go out in the rain? No way says my Princess.

Lol I wish mine would adopt a princess style attitude. Mine don't care if its rain, hail or shine, we walk :walkdog:

Ernie too. Of course it helps HIS coat is waterproof.

Eau de Wet Labradore - who could I sell that to?

Casper used to get a walk come rain or shine. Going for a walk was his reason for living and a few drops of rain were not going to stop us. I used to love walking him in the rain as the park was quiet - it felt like we were the only two creatures around.

When he was younger he did not wear anything but when he got older I thought it important to keep his joints dry and warm. He had a coat but got too hot in that so he wore his raincoat instead. I got him the largest size so it covered his bottom and his joints. He is in his wheelcart in this pic:

post-6292-0-51251600-1426657673_thumb.jpg

I bought a waterproof jacket with a hood from Anaconda for me, one that was below bum length and a pair of water-proof hiking boots from Big W. I also wore a cap under the hood.

Thank you for bringing back the memories.

Probably not ideal if you're immunocompromised and on chemo

If this was for me Don - you're probably right. But I bought my boy when I was doing chemo and its not his fault he's got a sick hooman mum. Thete was a brief window 5 months ago where there was a hope I might get well - and I celebrated prematurely by getting Ernie. It's ok, we get wet and then come home and use it as an excuse to watch Mad Men reruns and drink hot chocolate. And he does so bring me such joy when he's racing around determined to catch a magpie.

Ps. And yeah I've made really good plans for him when I go.

Edited by Stressmagnet