My Dogs Are Fighting!

Guest donatella

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wire crate (purchased some years ago from Vebo Pet Trading) is 43D x 50H x 600W. It would fit both yours and a couple of spares, Donatella.

I have a soft crate too, but that was to get Gussy used to sleeping on the bed again surrounded by dogs. It's virtually impossible to see in it, but it worked for that purpose.

For dogs to be separated and yet within the family, I'd go for wire. Heavy though, even the small ones.

Glad you have some direction!

For wire crates (cooler, tougher) definitely consider Vebo Pet :) Will be worth it even with delivery. Better quality and better price.

I'd vote vebo too. They are great tough crates. You may think the cheaper lighter wire ones would suffice for tiny dogs, and they may, but for peace of mind go with strength. Even tiny dogs can push at the cheap ones and bend out wire or pop out sides, which can and does result in paws, legs, necks and all manner of parts stuck in the wire and the gaps. I know a few dogs that have been injured and traumatized by cheap wire crate accidents. You can order covers with the vebo ones too.

Glad you have some direction!

For wire crates (cooler, tougher) definitely consider Vebo Pet :) Will be worth it even with delivery. Better quality and better price.

I'd vote vebo too. They are great tough crates. You may think the cheaper lighter wire ones would suffice for tiny dogs, and they may, but for peace of mind go with strength. Even tiny dogs can push at the cheap ones and bend out wire or pop out sides, which can and does result in paws, legs, necks and all manner of parts stuck in the wire and the gaps. I know a few dogs that have been injured and traumatized by cheap wire crate accidents. You can order covers with the vebo ones too.

their crates are on special right now....

just saying

:)

I have 30" wire crates for my 10.4kg Cavaliers and the crates are plenty big enough. The crate doors are never closed and the dogs sleep on my bed but they sometimes go into their crates during the day for a nap. They always run into their crates when the see me preparing their food as they eat in their crates...doors open of course.

I don't think your tiny dogs would need anything larger than 30" crates.

That's lovely news, you must be so relieved. I have a solid plastic crate and a wire crate and Jake loves his wire crate. If I have it out in the garden with me he will actually choose to go in the crate rather than out. He's ok with the plastic one but not enthusiastic, he'll go in when I tell him but not choose to spend time there.

That's lovely news, you must be so relieved. I have a solid plastic crate and a wire crate and Jake loves his wire crate. If I have it out in the garden with me he will actually choose to go in the crate rather than out. He's ok with the plastic one but not enthusiastic, he'll go in when I tell him but not choose to spend time there.

That's interesting. I wonder if it has a smell. Plastic does give off nasties that we aren't even aware of :(.

Guest donatella

To be honest the smaller the better as I am in a 1 bed apartment so space is vital here even though it would be considered large for a 1 bedder. Will look into 26". You all rock thank you :)