Big Day Out For Dogs

Leah82

Who's going and how will we recognise you?

http://www.dogsvictoria.org.au/GetInvolved/BigDayOutforDogs.aspx

and if anyone wants to organise a meeting point at a particular time feel free. I've not been before so I'll leave that to someone more experienced.

So how will you recognise me? I think my dogs are pretty recognisable but specifically look for the liver roan cocker spaniel who's confidence outweighs his ability to see and therefore avoid things (with or without santa costume)

I am going, but possibly without the dog as last year I took her, and it was just way too crowded and we all got a bit overwhelmed. So might leave her home this time and just buy back lots of goodies for her to make up for it.

How to recognize me? I will likely be the only asian wearing an Aussie Shepherd Club of Vic t-shirt. :laugh: Always happy for DOLers to say hi.

How to recognize me? I will likely be the only asian wearing an Aussie Shepherd Club of Vic t-shirt. :laugh: Always happy for DOLers to say hi.

HAHA!

I'll take our idiots too, you will know us by the almost unbearably excited Flat Coat and the totally unenthused boyfriend.

Perhaps we should organise a spot to meet or we could have a DOL picnic lunch! Haha.

Oh wow it looks great and I just googled it only 40 mins from me :thumbsup:

Not sure if I would take the greys, still not keen on risking a random off lead attacker I'm afraid :( but I might just come and have a look myself. I wonder if there is a greyhound stand there? :/

Oh wow it looks great and I just googled it only 40 mins from me :thumbsup:

Not sure if I would take the greys, still not keen on risking a random off lead attacker I'm afraid :( but I might just come and have a look myself. I wonder if there is a greyhound stand there? :/

Hazy last time we went everyone was impeccably behaved! I was super impressed!

Would be lovely to see everyone!

PS I hope there's a Grey stand too! I know there is lure coursing too.

Edited by Steph M

The last time I went (a few years ago) there was a man with a few giant Amstaff's who kept on dropping their leads - they were almost pulling him over. He seemed to think it was funny and took no action to control them. They were very, very hyped up on the lure coursing and we had a close call. It's why I don't go any more :o .

Can anyone just rock up and have a go at the lure coursing? I tried emailing the club that organizes it if we need to book for it but never got a reply. I might bring my girl if she could have a go, have always been interested to try..

That's what we do usually? I think it's a membership fee of like 7-14 bucks if you aren't a dogs vic member, from memory and like $2 a go.

It's really good fun, even if they totally flop like Rosie everyone has a laugh, the operator guys are really good.

SC it is usually in the large off lead yard where A course herding is held. You pay $2 and get a raffle ticket to show your position in the queue. It is run by the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club.

Zeph and I will be there, as we have the Rotty Christmas party and the Newfie Christmas party to go to. :thumbsup:

I'll be going tomorrow, still not sure if I'll bring the dogs. We were going to go to Altona for a greyhound walk but it's going to be way too hot and it doesn't start until 2pm. If I have the dogs with me they'll be wearing their "naughty or nice" Xmas shirts and I'm the chubby one in the Greyhound Haven Tasmania t-shirt :laugh:

Hope to meet some Dolers :thumbsup: