Working Cocker Spaniels

Kavik

A working Cocker is high on my want list. But not until I have met more in person and researched different lines.... Oh and have time to do dog stuff again :(.

What a stunner CC :love:.

Oh Alice is gorgeous! I have a soft spot for black Cocker Spaniels, but have never met a working one.

Edit: I hit submit too early! Fargo looks gorgeous too, such expressive eyes

Edited by Jemmy

The videos I've been watching all look like very happy busy little dogs - their tail is always going!

Kavik,

I used to deal with them a lot when gameshooting in the UK, I never owned one, but I've seen plenty working. They can be quite soft and repond very well to team work. A gamekeeper I met once said that you don't tell a cocker to do anything, you ask them, and if you ask nicely enough, they'll do it. When they do "do it"however, they do it with gusto and focus, and with a heap of happy.

I keep torturing myself about getting one and have spoken to a couple of the top trainers in the UK about importing one, there are lots of hurdles, cost, time etc etc, but if it all comes good, what a dog

Kavik,

not sure if this link will work, but maybe have a watch of this as this to me is a great demonstration of a great working cocker.

They tend to look like they are wriggling everywhere because their bum never stops wagging.

Word of warning, from memory there may be some footage of game being shot in the video, so please do not watch if offended by such content.

Thanks for the video Luke - it was impressive! They are quick little dogs! Love the tail always going, so cute!

I saw your post in the Cocker pics thread - I am also partial to the solid liver and solid black Cockers.

CC - love the video :laugh: