Happy Gotcha Day Scottie.

Scottsmum

12 months ago we made the decision to adopt "Rocko" from the Sydney Dogs and Cats Home. He fitted the bill for what we were after - an older, black and white foxie. I needed someone to watch tele with me of in the evening's and I missed having a dog in my life.

post-51207-0-91937900-1417260079_thumb.jpg

We gave him a silly name and stopped at petbarn on the way home and stocked up on supplies - mainly toys. We got him home, took him out for a huge walk and he destroyed the toys before the day was out. Life hasn't really been the same since.

post-51207-0-94314900-1417260436_thumb.jpg

post-51207-0-65129800-1417260420_thumb.jpg

We don't buy many toys anymore. Just tennis balls. Professional strength, not those crappy pet ones.

Words can't really sum up the last 12 months. He's bought so much joy and happiness. He's just the right mix of loving and independent. He learns quickly, and teaches me something almost everyday.

It hasn't always been easy, but it's worth it. More than words can ever express.

Happy gotcha day my cheeky little stinky bum. Here's to as many more as possible.

post-51207-0-97785000-1417262437_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scottsmum

Such a lovely story :) I hear you on industrial strength tennis balls LOL. My husband bought a wind up toy rat for one of the foxy's once, she pounced, crunched, and headed for the dam to drown it!

• 11 months later...

And another one!

This stinky little fuzzbutt is just the most incredible dog in the world & I'm so lucky to to have him.

This last 12 months have bought lots of stress for him & I but he still makes happy grumble noises & wags his tail - all the time.

He's such a lovely, and loved boy.

Photos to follow when we have real internet back in our lives.

Happy Gotcha Day Scottie thumbsup1.gif Hope there are many new tennis balls in it for you! thumbsup1.gif

Ah. Not quite. He got a one way ticket to nz!

He got some replacement toys the other day & a b.a.t.h after sneaking out to play in the mud the other day.

Today we went & explored our new river walk. Lots to sniff. :)

• 1 year later...

It's that time again!

Another 12 months have rolled past, making it a total of just 3 years - but it feels like forever. A big 12 months and lots of challenges - Separation Anxiety is a bitch! It makes early onset Doggy dementia look like a walk in the park.

But ... ya know, wouldnt change a thing... well... maybe the SA but otherwise.

Photos to follow - but here's to another gotcha day with my heart dog. I'm so lucky I got to have him in my life.

Edited by Scottsmum

Oh. Just realised I never posted photos last year (due to having no internet & no furniture - we'd been in NZ about 5 days at that point).

So I will have to totally make up for it here. A few of these you'll have probably seen but I will try to add a few in that never made it here.

All tired out (not sure what the occasion was - but this was at Dad's - so before we left)

24824483635_6d97ff7fd6_c.jpg116 by Superspanger, on Flickr

Waiting for the furniture to arrive

24824483215_1bcc61305f_c.jpg114 by Superspanger, on Flickr

Looking like a gummy old man

24197646263_eb6aaf69d3_z.jpg111 by Superspanger, on Flickr

Most precious of toys

25834805752_c88fc31b3a_c.jpg940826_10154012100004603_8777164408061011987_n by Superspanger, on Flickr