Litters Due January 2015

Monteba

Congratulations to the pups already born :champagne:

My girl is huge & not coping very well with the heat but have been leaving her in a/c. We are in our final week now & she has slowed down a lot. She has been a very fussy eater from week 4 & I've been pulling my hair out as she is usually a vacuum but finally past week she has improved.

LovesPoodles we are in the last week now too.

My girl is the biggest she has ever been! her last litters had 6 pups each but this time I think we may find a few extras. :)

She isn't coping with the heat either, apart from swims and being indoors and the like I don't think we can do much more for her. She is happy enough and eating me out of house and home!

Anxiously waiting the next few days as our due date draws closer.

• 2 weeks later...

Saffy presented with a black discharge last Tuesday. There was nothing for it but to perform and emergency c-section. Two puppies had died in utero and there were three remaining. All very small and a week prem at Day 56.

We lost the tiny boy (85 grams) on day 2. :rainbowbridge: His colour was never quite right and while making a small gain on supplemented food he never had strength enough to nurse off mum.

The surviving two were of good colour and feeding well at that stage. Last night the little girl was not as vigorous as she had been and had been dropping back in weight (born 94 gms) despite making small gains and picking up weight. She was ok at 12.15am but found listless at 1.30 am. :rainbowbridge:

This is the hard part of being a dog breeder.

The last remaining puppy, a boy born 120gms dropped back to 115 gms and is back up to 125gms and feeding well exclusively on mum now. We quietly dare to hope.

Edited by LizT

Thanks all. Yeah, who'd be a dog breeder right? :(

The last surviving boy is doing well and slowly gaining on his day 6. It's his due date tomorrow. I am quietly hoping that we get through the next few weeks and he gets past all his little milestones.

post-27253-0-74800200-1422245146_thumb.jpg

Edited by LizT

• 2 weeks later...