Susan Garrett's H360 Agility Course Free Webinar 9am Tues (tomorro

Susan Garrett - Dog training for Agility Handling live coaching call open to anyone willing to hand over their email. This is an intro peek invite.

http://webinarjam.net/webinar/go/2658/aeb65f8670

time is 6:30pm Toronto time 1st Dec or

9:30 am Adelaide Time 2nd December ie about 12 hours from now

Check with

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

possibly not for people who work 9 to 5.

most of the info will be about dog training generally - ie the agility foundation (basics) is good for having a nice house pet or even a competition obedience dog.

I think for those of us already in - that there will be a recording of it available somewhere on the website for viewing later...

so no stress if you can't look in from work :)

PS if you've already signed up for H360 you still need to "register" (feed it an email and name) to get the link to the video of the coaching call.

When the link pops up, save it somewhere.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Hmmmm .. wonder if I can sneak a look at work :laugh: I've actually signed up for H360 this time.

:eek: Wow! Go you! You will love it Tassie!!!!

Well you know who enabled that, don't you TSD :rofl: . The stars aligned - retirement the week after it starts - means I should actually be able to spend time working on it - and heaven knows I need it now we're in Excellent in both Agility and Jumping :laugh:.

I think for those of us already in - that there will be a recording of it available somewhere on the website for viewing later...

so no stress if you can't look in from work :)

PS if you've already signed up for H360 you still need to "register" (feed it an email and name) to get the link to the video of the coaching call.

When the link pops up, save it somewhere.

:thanks:

Hmmmm .. wonder if I can sneak a look at work :laugh: I've actually signed up for H360 this time.

Well you know who enabled that, don't you TSD :rofl: . The stars aligned - retirement the week after it starts - means I should actually be able to spend time working on it - and heaven knows I need it now we're in Excellent in both Agility and Jumping :laugh:.

:curtsey:

And a proud enabler I am! Congratulations on your retirement :thumbsup: I can't think how you're going to fill in all that spare time :rofl:

What an intense Coaching call.

They managed to have a version of the chat roll going and they got up to 1500 viewers at one point... it settled down somewhere around the 1000 people watching mark.

A lot of them were complete newbies to the SG way of everything and some of them asked questions that were like level 10 of foundation layers to achieve... eg "how do you stop a dog from barking (or biting) on the agility course...

Erm - first you train crate games, and collar grab and its yer choice... And then you work out what triggers the barking and stop rewarding the barking with what the dog wants... so something different with every dog - how do you answer that when you can't see what is going on with the student's dog... argh.

Lots of questions about contacts - SG said she wants to revamp the contacts course to be more like the H360 one in look and feel and then open it up again. woot. Tho I think I still have access... really should do some of the training...

This was one of the FAQ. SG did mention the webinar being a bit like the shamwow of dog training.

Link to join up

(note there is a money back guarantee for limited time - if you're not happy).

There is a monthly payment option to pay four instalments ie a quarter each time.

If you can't find the right link to pay or you need something a bit different - send an email to

[email protected]

this link includes the all in one payment option and the monthly installment option

closes Thurs (toronto time)

http://handling360.com/finalvideo/

Another FAQ was - what does SG do if her dog knocks a bar during a trial (which is different to what she does during training)...

these are two videos that show what she does if something goes wrong during a trial - except she also reviews the video and makes a record of what training she needs to work on before the next run.

2014 WAO

I think - no promises - as soon as the H360 rego closes - she will open up the opportunity to buy access to watch by internet video the fit paws body awareness symposium thing she's doing soon.

Not sure if I want that or not - I've got a fair idea of what all the exercises look like and have trouble with the idea of paying $$$ for gym exercise balls and floaties. I suppose the $$$ goes into making the things dog claw proof?

I did enjoy watching the Icpeeps camp internet video but it meant I didn't sleep for two days straight.

Kavik - probably not.

But you can join and then ask for a refund (is that completely wrong?).

Quite a few people got a bit peeved at the start of the coaching call because their attention to answering questions got distracted quite a few times by the live text chat going flat out (with more good questions but also repeats of the questions they planned to answer anyway).

A lot of people wanted to buy just the bits they wanted to work on but SG has sold it at about 1/4 the price she could get if she sold off component pieces - but for some reason - people don't understand for the money they get heaps of extra stuff, rather than they're paying for stuff they don't want. I don't know how she can fix that. Maybe she could sell it as flat work and blue print with all the other stuff included for free...

The problem is - if she sells just the course work - the people won't be able to follow that training without the foundation stuff.

She really doesn't want people who aren't happy with the product - to feel like they're stuck with it.

Anyway - some of what she talked about is covered in the previous 3 webinar videos (still available from the "pay here" link) - there were a lot of people on this coaching call who hadn't watched those so were asking questions that were answered in the previous videos. And some of what she talked about is covered by recallers etc.

But you're not going to get much of whats in H360 by watching today's webinar. Because it is just so huge.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

:curtsey:

And a proud enabler I am! Congratulations on your retirement :thumbsup: I can't think how you're going to fill in all that spare time :rofl:

:rofl: Have the pool noodles at the ready. And 3 of Jahzzy Agility's lovely wing jumps ready - no tunnel yet - might have to do that at club when I get to triple doubles in about 6 months time :laugh: - I don't have a lot of flat area at home.

Caught about half of the call this morning - moonlighting at work :scold: - actually I found a couple of jobs I could do sitting at the computer but not having to use the screen for work - multitasking rocks!

Yes - I'll really struggle to fill time - apart from catching up on several year's worth of "jobs to do round the house and 'garden'" - 4 disciplines to train dogs in .... :rofl: .

The epic H360 video webinar recording has been posted for everyone not just people who have joined.

http://handling360.com/3/

FAQ

where to sign up

------------------------

Link to join up (note there is a money back guarantee for limited time - if you're not happy).

There is a monthly payment option

If you can't find the right link to pay - send an email to * [email protected] *

this link includes the all in one payment option and the monthly installment option

closes next Thurs (toronto time)

http://handling360.com/finalvideo/

what does SG do if the dog knocks a bar at trial (not training)

------------------------------------------------------------

Knocked bar on course - SG completes the course and then makes a record of what she needs to work on at training. It's important not to make a fuss at trial if things go wrong - chances are the bar was knocked because of handler error (not setting your dog up into the jump correctly)

There's plenty of video of SG doing international competition that show this on youtube

what is "proprioception"

-------------------------

- this is body awareness - how you know where your hand is when you put it behind your back

(you can read Oliver Sachs books to find out what happens if it is broken)

what is a jump bump and a spider

--------------------------------

Spider is PVC tubing set up to guide a dog over a jump. Jump bump is a bit of PVC down pipe cut in half lengthwise - and used to help dog jump striding.

(copy link and watch later)

What would SG do if she couldn't use verbal cues (laryngitus) or the dog was deaf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know.

She said that she probably wouldn't be successful with a deaf dog as she is a slow handler and H360 is very much based on verbals, but if you were a fast enough handler and could pre-cue then H360 should work well.