Dog Stolen Gold Coast

Boronia

https://au.news.yaho...turn-best-mate/

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/video/watch/25664629/brazen-thief-caught-stealing-beloved-pet/

video link here if the above link doesn't embed https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/25664638/dog-owner-pleads-for-thief-to-return-best-mate/

A Gold Coast man says he has been left heartbroken after his beloved dog was stolen from his home on Sunday.Jackson Down arrived at his home on Tahiti Avenue at Palm Beach in the afternoon and 'best mate' Linc was no where to be seen.

1forinlineforembedweb_still_stolen_dog_9_11_16_2_12_2014_1a7q8hk-1a7q8hv.jpg?x=656&sig=ZrHMh23X4ZQZbTQlawcthQ--

Owner pleads for thief to return dog"I checked everywhere, he wasn't here. I ran out on the street and started calling his name," Jackson said.

"That's when my neighbours came across and said someone had come and picked my dog up today."

His home is fitted with cameras, which caught the thief red-handed taking the staffy cross.

"That is the lowest act, who goes out and steals someone's best mate from them. To me I don't have children, my dog is my child that's like kidnap as far as I'm concerned," Jackson said.

"I found it pretty unbelievable that, yeah, someone actually was brazen enough to go actually talk to my neighbours and get permission to jump the fence and come take me dog."

The video shows a man in a green shirt, putting the lead on the dog before pressing the garage door button and escaping.

1forembedweb-still-stolen-dog-8_11-15_2-12-2014.jpg

A man in a green shirt was caught on camera taking Linc. Source: 7News

"He had a lead in his pocket. He knew what he was doing, like had no hesitation about it whatsoever," Jackson said.

"He just walks off with my dog, like nothing happened."

1forembedweb-still-stolen-dog-7_11-14_2-12-2014.jpg

It appears as though the thief had a lead in his pocket which he placed on the dog. Source: 7News

The man left the garage door open behind him.

Jackson is furious, and appealing for public help.

"You don't just go and steal someone's family member like that," he said.

Jackson's mother, Kath, said: "He just comes and sleeps at my feet. He just follows you, and wants to be by your side the whole time.

"I just hope they're taking care of him. I just hope that he's being fed and he's not being treated badly because he's a well treated dog, he's a loved dog."

1forembedweb-still-stolen-dog-6_11-13_2-12-2014.jpg

The man was also captured sitting on the gutter outside the home. Source: 7News

The family is extremely worried the dog will be put into illegal dog fighting rings.

"That's the main concern, you know he's not a fighter," Kath said.

"He's never ever taken a nip at anybody."

Police have taken fingerprints from the property and will continue their investigations.

Jackson is appealing for anyone who recognises the man to come forward.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like he wasn't concerned about being seen. Sitting on the gutter outside, he wasn't in a hurry to leave. Very odd. These are really good clear pictures of a fairly distinctive looking bloke, surely someone will know him and report to police. I hope the dog is returned safely. I wonder why the neighbours let him jump their fence, he must have told a convincing lie, or they're completely silly.

Been very quiet over night with any news regarding sweet Linc. The owners must be beside themselves with worry & very rightly so. Being the favoured breed of some heartless lowlifes that engage in the horrid world of dog frighting. Gosh I hope Linc is OK :(

I thought it so strange that the thief made no hasty entry or retreat. I suppose that would of got people's attention more, I don't know but to even sit right outside on the gutter,which incidently is where he belongs really, was pretty weird I thought.

Been very quiet over night with any news regarding sweet Linc. The owners must be beside themselves with worry & very rightly so. Being the favoured breed of some heartless lowlifes that engage in the horrid world of dog frighting. Gosh I hope Linc is OK :(

I thought it so strange that the thief made no hasty entry or retreat. I suppose that would of got people's attention more, I don't know but to even sit right outside on the gutter,which incidently is where he belongs really, was pretty weird I thought.

imo, it's the arrogance of some.

Shaking my head at the horror of this.

:cry:

Seems like he wasn't concerned about being seen. Sitting on the gutter outside, he wasn't in a hurry to leave. Very odd. These are really good clear pictures of a fairly distinctive looking bloke, surely someone will know him and report to police. I hope the dog is returned safely. I wonder why the neighbours let him jump their fence, he must have told a convincing lie, or they're completely silly.

Idiot probably hadn't thought he would be picked up on camera.

I feel for the owners

This should be a theft/kidnapping charge... Yet all this guy will get (if caught) is a slap on the wrist...

There needs to be harsher punishments for things like this and animal cruelty.

Edited by pheenyx

You could tell that the dog was a real sweetheart - what a low life scum. Chances are the police know who he is.

Sadly I think a lot of dogs would go with someone putting a lead on them - they would just think they were going for a walk!

So happy he has been returned.

You could tell that the dog was a real sweetheart - what a low life scum. Chances are the police know who he is.

Sadly I think a lot of dogs would go with someone putting a lead on them - they would just think they were going for a walk!

So happy he has been returned.

Mine won't go if someone else puts a lead on them unless I walk a couple of steps in the direction they're supposed to be walk..even with the vet. However they're small enough to be picked up.