What Will Your Next Breed Be?

huski

Greyhound is next on my list :)

Ahhh see you've already been bitten by the greyhound bug and it's an itch that has been unscratched for too long ;)

Greyhound is next on my list as well :laugh:

:laugh: me too....surprise!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully an ESS pup from Em :)

Squeeee. There is going to be a thread on this, no?

For me, it will be a toss up between:

- rough coated JRT, from a specific breeder

- w/l ESS

- I've admired w/l mals, but doubt I'll have the time, energy or skill for one

- w/l ESS

I promise :) x Bit soon just yet but all the planning coming together now!

I would love a dobe but get put off by the health problems.

I am now pretty sure my next dog will be Rhodesian Ridgeback, next year after we go on our big holiday hopefully.

But I will also always have a bull breed rescue in my life :heart:

I would love a dobe but get put off by the health problems.

I am now pretty sure my next dog will be Rhodesian Ridgeback, next year after we go on our big holiday hopefully.

But I will also always have a bull breed rescue in my life :heart:

There are a lot out there, that are healthy and parents have had all the health testing done first. You just have to find them ????

For me my dream dog is the Porceline, after someone put it up here on DOL.

- w/l ESS

I promise :) x Bit soon just yet but all the planning coming together now!

I'll be waiting for the thread too! :)

I love all my "bits and pieces" mixed breeds rescues but one day I really will own a Tibetan Spaniel - perhaps a mature one that has been returned to its breeder, and when I get really old - a cat!

[/

Tibbies are pretty much cuddly cats, so that will work well : D haha!

In the meantime pm me if you want to join a fb group to swoon at tibbies from all over the world!

Most likely another Aussie, I would LOVE a red tri next love.gif

Possibly my dream breed of a Dalmatian though I kinda want to put that off until LUAs are in Australia and breeding well.

I would also like to one day have a working line GSD or possibly a Belgian Terv.

LisaCC, how would you describe your Aussie Shepherd? I wonder how they compare to a Border collie.

Border Collies temperament doesn't appeal to me at all, but I love my Aussie.

My boy is high drive and can be a nutter, wants to work, needs plenty of exercise and mental stimulation, but has a good off switch. They are individuals but I would definitely not recommend my boy for an inexperience owner or someone who doesn't want to work him regularly in some way or another. He can be very manipulative and gets bored quickly.

They have different working styles than borders and are more clownish.

I know some people that have both borders and Aussies and they seem to prefer one or the other as apparently you need to train them a bit differently. I've been told borders will work for you, aussies will work for something.

In my experience borders are generally more focused and serious in their work. Aussies can be a bit more goofy and clownish. Herding styles are completely different. I've not seen any Aussies at sheepdog trials but have heard of lots of American cattle ranchers who favour them.

I think they can both have a good off switch but as with many dogs this is something that needs to be taught and enforced.

I

Edited by aussielover

I think if I were younger I would at some stage own a blue merle Aussie. However since my Cavaliers will be my last dogs and my first dogs were GSD's and then I owned Rottweilers for many years I'm happy with the breeds and individual dogs I've owned.

Very likely another Aussie, but before I got my current breed I was tossing up between an Aussie or a Finnish Lapphund, so... maybe a Lappie. :p

If I won the lottery and could buy a house with huge acreage, then it would be my dream breed a Dalmatian.

I'd also like another Aussie and I love Lappies too. I think I will always have one Aussie :o

Honestly I don't even know lol I want them all!

Some breeds I definitely want to own though are:

English bull terrier

Irish wolfhound

Greyhound

Rottweiler

Most likely another Aussie, I would LOVE a red tri next love.gif

Possibly my dream breed of a Dalmatian though I kinda want to put that off until LUAs are in Australia and breeding well.

I would also like to one day have a working line GSD or possibly a Belgian Terv.

LisaCC, how would you describe your Aussie Shepherd? I wonder how they compare to a Border collie.

Border Collies temperament doesn't appeal to me at all, but I love my Aussie.

My boy is high drive and can be a nutter, wants to work, needs plenty of exercise and mental stimulation, but has a good off switch. They are individuals but I would definitely not recommend my boy for an inexperience owner or someone who doesn't want to work him regularly in some way or another. He can be very manipulative and gets bored quickly.

They have different working styles than borders and are more clownish.

I know some people that have both borders and Aussies and they seem to prefer one or the other as apparently you need to train them a bit differently. I've been told borders will work for you, aussies will work for something.

In my experience borders are generally more focused and serious in their work. Aussies can be a bit more goofy and clownish. Herding styles are completely different. I've not seen any Aussies at sheepdog trials but have heard of lots of American cattle ranchers who favour them.

I think they can both have a good off switch but as with many dogs this is something that needs to be taught and enforced.

I

Yes agree with this. My girl is extremely clever and VERY manipulative. We call her "Pantomime" because she is constantly acting something out :laugh:

Aussies are goofier and not as serious as borders IME. My girl is very active and must be involved, she's a bit of a shadow, but as Lisa said with her guy, mine has an off switch so if she knows it's time to settle, she settles.

They are also a different shape, I prefer the stockiness of the Aussies to the finer borders :)

Next time I want a gunbreed, or similar, with short hair that likes running.

Short list is (in order- this week anyway :laugh: ) Pointer, GSP, Viszla.

But then... I have been falling in love with a couple of young Boxers I've seen at my local park- I had been turned off by a bad few experiences some years ago, but these ones are lovely & may change my mind. I wonder if I'll be up for the challenge in a couple of years.