What Will Your Next Breed Be?

huski

I think if I were younger I would at some stage own a blue merle Aussie. However since my Cavaliers will be my last dogs and my first dogs were GSD's and then I owned Rottweilers for many years I'm happy with the breeds and individual dogs I've owned.

You are welcome to have cuddles by my love bug to fulfil your blue merle wishes biggrin.gif

10647142_10152614612100787_1614417001702082363_n.jpg?oh=fce06b37e5242803caa270c553dd36a3&oe=551D4A5F

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww I love a happy breed thread. It's so exciting thinking about what to get next! I know I will obviously have another Mal for my next dog, though I love beagles SO MUCH I don't know if I could live without one. However like TSD, I don't know if I could have another beagle because I don't know if it would be as good as daisy or if I would constantly compare them.

More than likely another brindle pound mutt but I would love another purebred SBT one day.

I admire all our BCs at training, so smart and they look really easy to train. I don't think I would ever own one though - all that hair, all over everything, all the time..

I just adore the Vizsla's - we have a couple in our class at obedience and Zig plays with a little girl, who is just divine. I could see myself with one.

I love Dobes but can't see myself with one.

I agree with others. We have totally fallen in love with this breed and as a result don't think we could have another - it would be too painful.

So after whinging about dog hair so much, I think my next breed will probably be a Laggotto. I reckon hubby will want the same.

ETA: not only do I like the look of them, but they sound great, full of happiness. :)

Edited by poochmad

After losing my two senior greyhounds this year, I don't think I'd be getting another as Next Dog. I love the breed (and still have the Idiot Dog, obviously) but I think it'd have to be a really special grey to change my mind (and I can't see it happening, to be honest).

The OH and I have talked about Next Dog and once again, we're in disagreement :/ He adores his Shitty Whippet and every other dog is now ugly, according to him. I, on the other hand, would sell a kidney for a borzoi and there's really no middle ground between the two. During some looking around, I found one whippet breeder whose dogs I really liked the style of, found her website and.. two weeks earlier, she'd posted on her site that she was no longer breeding whippets. Because of course.

So.. Next Dog will like be purely theoretical for a while, at least until I can figure out a way to disguise a borzoi puppy as a whippet :noidea:

I am totally undecided as it will be many years before I need to decide.

Top of my list this week though: Working Cocker, roughcoat JRT from specific lines, wire haired mini Dachshund.

Edited by Clover

I only added my next dog recently (BC Boy puppy) so in all fairness next one will be OH's, so undoubtedly another French Brittany. I think he should import a Portuguese Pointer (a closer working pointer breed), I have developed a thing about them.

post-8662-0-99756700-1417714723_thumb.jpg

For me one day when I don't feel like running around agility but still want to do sports I would love a Rottweiler.

I'm thinking of getting another dog sometime next year and am really struggling to decide. I thought I would get a different breed this time - a Standard Poodle or a Rough Collie perhaps.

But then I spent some time with a lovely Weim at the dog park last weekend and went a bit melty inside. I keep telling myself that it wouldn't be the same, but it was like seeing echoes of my lovely girl in another dog. If I do go with another Weim, I know exactly who I hope to get a puppy from.

I'll always have the gorgeous Aussie Terriers in my life (even if their small size isn't really back friendly!) but I do have my heart set on a Foxhound and Saluki. I have a LOT more research and talking to breeders to do but I do hope that one day I'll fulfil this dream of mine.

More than likely another brindle pound mutt but I would love another purebred SBT one day.

I admire all our BCs at training, so smart and they look really easy to train. I don't think I would ever own one though - all that hair, all over everything, all the time..

I just adore the Vizsla's - we have a couple in our class at obedience and Zig plays with a little girl, who is just divine. I could see myself with one.

I love Dobes but can't see myself with one.

I've always found that long hair is far easier to remove from furniture and clothing than short coated breeds. :)

I agree with you about the hair thing, Perfume. Just my experience, but the shorter hairs stick in, like pins. While the longer hairs sit on the surface & are easier to pick up.

As to a 'next breed', I'm a true Tibetan Spaniel tragic.... stuck to tibbies now for life. I probably need treatment for obsession. :) But I do have reasons!

I asked the husband and he said he would want another Fieldie, but the next pup has big shoes to fill. :)

I'd still like a Lagotto as almost got one before my girl and I wouldn't like to have a dog similar to her as she is my heart dog.

I love cavaliers, and german shepherds. My next would be a cav i would say, but i would be happy with either :D

My one day list is greyhound, would love one through GAP but has to be cat friendly, rottie, WSS, vizsla, some rescues and i am sure many more breeds i will fall in love with...

OT but i want a bengal cat and a pure egyptian mau :laugh:

We have a 50% egyptian mau and he is awesome.