What Will Your Next Breed Be?

huski

My next girl will be an Anatolian Shepherd. As much as I love my current GSD girl and the breed in general all the health issues they have and the cancers that is so prevalent in the breed I just cant do it. The Anatolian is such a magnificent noble dog and minimal health issues.

Edited by Dave73

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps not my next dog

But my bucket list dog is a Bernese Mountain Dog. :love: :love: :love: :love:

I'm hoping it won't be a while tho as we have only had our newest family member for nearly 2 weeks.

And our oldest is only 6.

And I think I will always want a ridgie around.

Why, I think..... a Rottweiler :D

Hey, it's worked for me for the past 40 years, so why not the next 40? :D

So heartening to see how many other people have mentioned Rotts! Maybe the word is getting around about how amazing they are :)

So heartening to see how many other people have mentioned Rotts! Maybe the word is getting around about how amazing they are :)

I think pictures might help too

*winks*

:)

:cry: :cry: 6 pages and no one wants a Husky. :cry:

Don't worry I won't tell Ronin :rasberry:

No one is game to because they run the risk of getting Moon Moon.. :rasberry:

As for my next dog I hope it will be black and tan.

--Lhok

I was noticing that too Allerzeit. Had me a tad blown away. Yes, nice to see people are growing fond of our magnificent, loyal and versatile breed... and being DOLers, they will be great owners too :)

Next time I want a gunbreed, or similar, with short hair that likes running.

Short list is (in order- this week anyway :laugh: ) Pointer, GSP, Viszla.

But then... I have been falling in love with a couple of young Boxers I've seen at my local park- I had been turned off by a bad few experiences some years ago, but these ones are lovely & may change my mind. I wonder if I'll be up for the challenge in a couple of years.

Dee Lee, Bruno is our first Boxer, and I have fallen so in love with the breed that he won't be the last. I'm glad that you have met some good ones to compensate for the bad experiences. :)

Next time I want a gunbreed, or similar, with short hair that likes running.

Short list is (in order- this week anyway :laugh: ) Pointer, GSP, Viszla.

But then... I have been falling in love with a couple of young Boxers I've seen at my local park- I had been turned off by a bad few experiences some years ago, but these ones are lovely & may change my mind. I wonder if I'll be up for the challenge in a couple of years.

Dee Lee, Bruno is our first Boxer, and I have fallen so in love with the breed that he won't be the last. I'm glad that you have met some good ones to compensate for the bad experiences. :)

I'll have to quiz you about Bruno one day- they tick a lot of boxes for me. :)

Standard poodle, black, is my dream dog, though i have been thinking borzoi they are so beautiful.... The rotts thread has me looking at them in a new light :) but even though i think i really want my standard poodle i will probably have an indeterminate breed from the pound again, cant go past their sad faces...