Mouse/rat Bait

persephone

Megan, yes you can bait outdoors. I use bait stations to ensure the baits don't ever get dragged around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank. I think I'll need to do this. They all feast on the veges I have and I've seen mice running around the garden.

There are rats and mice in my garden. I've seen them. They feast on my vege patch and fruit trees. I'm torn between killing them (and dealing with Lucy brining their bodies into the house ) and just letting them be . Nice came inside last year but after Lucy caught one they haven't been back in. Can you bait outdoors?

Sure you can. Have you ever noticed black plastic boxes chained to shrubs outside feedstores, hardware stores and the like?

The real problem with rat poison comes when the dog gets into the poison itself, not from eating killed mice or rats. That happens far too often according to my vet.

I had a friend who lost her cavalier puppy because she ate a rat that had been poisoned with ratsak :(

We had a problem with rats around the chickens earlier in the year. I was reluctant to try any bait due to the above mentioned so we relocated the chickens temporarily to a friend's place. The rats then started eating Spencer's poop because there was no longer any chicken food around... how disgusting!!!!!