"funny" Video About Dogs Is Actually Disturbing

RuralPug

I didn't want to take HazyWal's thread off topic, but I was really enjoying the video she posted and some of the others posted when You-tube suggested

about people(not groomers) trying to bath dogs who didn't like being bathed.

I started off giggling, but it wasn't very long at all that I was starting to stress out a bit as some of the videos in that compilation were more disturbing than funny. Why do people think it is funny that dogs growl and snarl and snap to avoid being bathed? Or dive under a bed in terror? Why is that funny?

Is it just me???

I don't get the amusement when it comes to such aggression. Some of it seemed to be a very genuine warning and I foresee some serious bites from the large dogs. The one under the bed didn't bother me as much. I guess while it would upset me to own a dog that was really scared of such things my thought while watching was clever dog.

I watched a youtube not that long ago about dogs being funny and found 90% of it quite disturbing. Some people just have no dog sense at all.

Yeah I find most dog videos on Youtube disturbing rather than funny too. I remember there was one posted a long time ago about a fearful rescue dog terrified in its new environment and the people were forcing themselves onto him... it was supposed to be 'cute' but I found it utterly horrifying.

That silly bloke was lucky his GSD didn't alter the conformation of his face. A few of the SWF owners were also lucky they didn't end up needing their arm stitched up.

I don't think that video was the least bit amusing. The only cute part was the pup sitting in the water bowl.

I'm lucky my dogs rather like a bath and will stand perfectly still while I bathe and dry them.

I don't get what's so hilarious about a dog's eyes showing white with fear.

And if my dog growled at me, I'd be beside myself.

Makes you wonder what other behaviours these poor animal exhibit that are dismissed as amusing.

Most of those dogs were very distressed.

Edited by Stressmagnet

Sorry I don't think that is the least bit funny. Gosh some of those dogs were so aggressive towards their owners. I would be so upset if my dog was baring it's teeth & growling at me :eek: The only part I loved was the extremely cute puppy siting in it's water bowl. Nothing funny about aggression IMHO.

I look at training videos on UTUBE but nothing else really. I certainly don't find viewing a stressed animal at all amusing.

I liked the bulldog and boxer. so happy haha

The others. Not at all!!!

These poor dogs. I hate people. Something bad will inevitably happen and the dog will be blamed.

I liked those two too, and the puppy in the water bowl. The others, yeah no!

There was some SERIOUS back off growling going on in some of those, and people putting their faces right in front of the dogs :eek:

Decided not to watch this video.

To brighten us a little bit, a friend once had a proper boof cross-bred Lab-Mastiff named Benji.

To this day, I have no idea how or why but he always knew Saturday was bath day.

And every Saturday at around 09:25am, he would go crawl under the bed to escape her.

The lab part of him meant he weakened with the treats.

But no mention was ever made of a bath, no towels ever around.

Benji knew though.

:)

That was disturbing... I wouldn't be putting my face that close to any sized dog with it's eyes wide like that & growling that much!! Just asking for trouble.

I did like the Dachie that jumped into the bath, that was very cute. The boxer & bulldog were entertaining too with their "maybe if I play with you you'll forget about bathtime" hehe, cute.

It could be a nice video if there weren't idiots in it!!