Brittany In Brisbane?

Sylvie

Where could we meet some Brittany around Brisbane? I've met a few myself as they are very popular in France, but it was a few 20 years ago and my husband does not know them. We went to a show a few month ago and we saw some Nova Scotia but no Brittany. Hubby loved the Nova Scotia but I would like for him to see some Brittany.

Where could we meet some Brittany around Brisbane? I've met a few myself as they are very popular in France, but it was a few 20 years ago and my husband does not know them. We went to a show a few month ago and we saw some Nova Scotia but no Brittany. Hubby loved the Nova Scotia but I would like for him to see some Brittany.

LOCKYER VALLEY KENNEL CLUB are holding a New Year's Eve Show at Durack & again on New Year's Day.

The wednesday show is scheduled to start after 6:00pm. So it's going to be a fun Gala night.

Thursday's time to start is after 12:30PM lunch.

Not enabling too much too.... check the DOL listings... puppies AND a mature dog with the same breeder

Do please update with news too....

:)

Hi all, just need to sort out some confusion regarding the 2 New Year Shows as the latest Dog World has only advertised the 2nd show only. The 2nd show had an incorrect start time of 12.30pm so Dogs Qld have re advertised the 2nd show schedule only and with the correct start time of 12.30AM. So we still have 2 shows come NYE.

LOCKYER VALLEY KENNEL CLUB are holding a New Year's Eve Show at Durack & again on New Year's Day.

The wednesday show is scheduled to start after 6:00pm. So it's going to be a fun Gala night.

Thursday's time to start is after 12:30PM lunch.

Not enabling too much too.... check the DOL listings... puppies AND a mature dog with the same breeder

Do please update with news too....

:)

Can you contact the breeders up there and arrange to met?

Thanks.

We are just looking at different breeds for now. I don't want to bother a breeder while we don't know what we want.

I am still not quite sure we should get an other dog with our current one (10 yo very anxious JRT). I might try and contact Jane Harper who saw him with his brother about 2 years ago when they were fighting occasionally and see what she thinks.

And it probably won't be before the end of next year anyway as we are going away oversee for a month in August and would have to leave them at the kennel for that long.

How can we know which breed will be present at a show? I was a bit disappointed not to see any JRT or Brittany when we went to the show at Durack last time.

Thanks for the reply, we'll see if we can make the New Year's Eve Show at Durack.

Thanks.

We are just looking at different breeds for now. I don't want to bother a breeder while we don't know what we want.

I am still not quite sure we should get an other dog with our current one (10 yo very anxious JRT). I might try and contact Jane Harper who saw him with his brother about 2 years ago when they were fighting occasionally and see what she thinks.

And it probably won't be before the end of next year anyway as we are going away oversee for a month in August and would have to leave them at the kennel for that long.

How can we know which breed will be present at a show? I was a bit disappointed not to see any JRT or Brittany when we went to the show at Durack last time.

Thanks for the reply, we'll see if we can make the New Year's Eve Show at Durack.

Closer to the time, the breeds numbers may be added. I'll be following this thread so would be happy to update numbers for you. Of course, there may be no absent dogs but you should get some idea.

I think planning ahead is a good idea, Sylvie. I waited two years for the current puppy & he came from Queensland.

The second show starts at 12.30 am 1st Jan. not 12.30 pm. Starts right after the Fancy dress is judged on New Years Eve. :)

Rats to that. I was having a quick trip to Brisbane for New Year. My breeder told me those times I quoted.

Wonder when it changed?

:(

The second show starts at 12.30 am 1st Jan. not 12.30 pm. Starts right after the Fancy dress is judged on New Years Eve. :)

Rats to that. I was having a quick trip to Brisbane for New Year. My breeder told me those times I quoted.

Wonder when it changed?

:(

I think it was an error on the part of Dogs Qld. :)

I just bought a pup off this breeder, Karen is lovely and was happy for us to come out and see the dogs

http://www.wameikabrittanys.com

Wow how exciting! Do you have your pup now or are you still waiting? I saw on their website they had a litter in April. Did you get one of them or do they have another litter?

As I said I am a bit hesitant to contact breeders yet as it might be a while before we are ready to get another dog and I am not even sure my husband will like Brittanys at all. But the more I read about them and see photos of them, the more I like them.

Thanks for the link.

I just bought a pup off this breeder, Karen is lovely and was happy for us to come out and see the dogs

Wow how exciting! Do you have your pup now or are you still waiting? I saw on their website they had a litter in April. Did you get one of them or do they have another litter?

As I said I am a bit hesitant to contact breeders yet as it might be a while before we are ready to get another dog and I am not even sure my husband will like Brittanys at all. But the more I read about them and see photos of them, the more I like them.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah I got one of their April litter, a girl they kept to show but she wasn't coming along as well as hoped so they sold her to us as a pet

Thanks for the link.

Yeah I got one of their April litter, a girl they kept to show but she wasn't coming along as well as hoped so they sold her to us as a pet

Would you have photos? How is she settling in? Do you have a big yard or just a normal suburban one? I am a bit worried a Brittany might need a bigger yard than what we have. My great dad use to have one but he lived in the country with a huge backyard (field) were the dog had plenty to run. It was a good 30 years ago though and I don't remember much of it.

Thanks for the link.

Many breeders are receptive when they get enquiries.

It's always ideal to do your homework in advance. Looking at dogs at Shows is also a chance to see the dogs, their movements etc.

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! sorry I didn't realise you had asked me for a picture, this one was not too long after we got her, she LOVES my daughter :)

She is very energetic but provided they get lots of exercise and mental stimulation they'll cope fine in a small yard, we're on small acreage but she's a sloth as much as she's running around like a nut

10743213_10152614188498025_1990561410_n.jpg?oh=9b9a4719bc1d2ab63a3916c58e4534c4&oe=54AFA29C&__gda__=1420718413_da9ac8ed3a121ab8da43ccb35f808140

Hi! sorry I didn't realise you had asked me for a picture, this one was not too long after we got her, she LOVES my daughter :)

She is very energetic but provided they get lots of exercise and mental stimulation they'll cope fine in a small yard, we're on small acreage but she's a sloth as much as she's running around like a nut

10743213_10152614188498025_1990561410_n.jpg?oh=9b9a4719bc1d2ab63a3916c58e4534c4&oe=54AFA29C&__gda__=1420718413_da9ac8ed3a121ab8da43ccb35f808140

Thanks for posting the photo but unfortunately I can't see it.