Pee Post

mornaw

I'm considering a rescue dog, a large male, however MOH won't like him peeing all around the yard and causing a smell. Does a Pee Post with pheremones work for older male dog? Has anyone tried them for female dogs?

A friend who is a garden guru told me to buy a watering can and throw 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in it and fill the rest up with water.Then water where they pee. Helps the grass and no smell.

Of course I look like a crazy woman racing around in my nightgown at 11pm with a watering can but hey, my aim is to amuse the neighbours.

Edited by Stressmagnet

Ernie just pukes halfway home in the car when he's done that. How I'd love to worry about the other end.

We call Gus's seawater poop 'The brown curtain'

It is reminiscent of washing off a brown paint brush under a strong stream of water. Bonus points for the loud splash and sheer volume.

Maybe if he didn't swim with his mouth open...

Ernie just pukes halfway home in the car when he's done that. How I'd love to worry about the other end.

We call Gus's seawater poop 'The brown curtain'

It is reminiscent of washing off a brown paint brush under a strong stream of water. Bonus points for the loud splash and sheer volume.

Maybe if he didn't swim with his mouth open...

laugh.gif So graphic

A friend who is a garden guru told me to buy a watering can and throw 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in it and fill the rest up with water.Then water where they pee. Helps the grass and no smell.

Of course I look like a crazy woman racing around in my nightgown at 11pm with a watering can but hey, my aim is to amuse the neighbours.

I would be really interested to hear if this works. I live in an apartment with my little dog and have been considering one of these to try and train him to toilet on the patio when I am unable to take him out.

Good on you for considering a rescue. Be patient with toileting issues though as it can be challenge for a rescue dog and stress of a new place can cause issues - as with any dog.

Inappropriate peeing is just as much training as providing a suitable area or thing to pee on. Having an older dog, it will be harder if he already has bad habits in this department.

You could also try something like a belly band for when he's in the house etc. I would also do some crate training and the first thing you do, it take him to the pee post and reward him for peeing there.

Even cheaper white vinegar is as good as Apple cider.

I have a five year old stud dog that was taught from a pup, correct toilet habits. He knows where he can pee and where not to. Another good thing is when you are walking him, do not allow him to pee as he wishes on his walk. You choose a spot and tell him toilet.