Doggy Gift Box Dissappointment

Little Gifts

So our Christmas Olly's Box arrived and I'm very sad to say but it is pathetic. I am very disappointed because I was hoping it was something we could do regularly to spoil our three dogs. And given it was a Christmas Box I did expect it to look Christmassy to stick under the tree but it is just in their normal pale blue box. I have expressed my disappointment to the company.

Contents are:

1 x snowman with squeakers in hands and feet, 30cm high and very lightly stuffed (wont last a nano second with the dog I registered)

1 x small rubber and rope donut toy for small dogs and puppies (I registered a medium sized adult dog for the box)

1 x 235grams festive cookies

1 x small edible Christmas tree

I'm happy if anyone wants to disagree with me but I can see an awfully exorbitant mark up on each of those items to make a $45 box seem good value.

post-33739-0-36691600-1418077921_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, can see where you are coming from! I would have expected the box to be at least wrapped up and a xmas card would have been a good touch!

I would be disappointed with the main toy especially if you stated what size dog you had.

I really wanted to start one of these business up but wasn’t sure what the demand would be like. Similar to the dog treats I wanted to do, too many other established brands all ready around.

$45!!!!! :(:eek::( No spirit of Christmas with that company.

After reading the response from the company I apologise for the above comment too. I'd delete it but it's been quoted further down so no point.

Edited by Kirislin

Hi Alyson,

As per my email, I'm very sorry to read of your disappointment.

Christmas stock is always very expensive and hard to come by. The value in the box is more than $45, considering delivery and other supplies that go in to the box.

I can honestly say that we do not have an exorbitant mark up on anything we sell, we're an honest small business who do this purely for our love of dogs; we just want to help make dogs and their parents happy and healthy.

We take customer feedback to heart, and will most definitely take note of your feedback.

I'm pleased to say that the feedback we've received to date has been positive, therefore we've continued doing what we've been doing; that said, it looks like there's some room for improvement with our Christmas offering.

I'm happy to pick up your order, as we're just down the road from you, and offer a full refund. Please just let me know.

As per my email, you're welcome to call me direct to work things out.

Regards,

Drewe

Edited by Drewe - Olly's Box

Are the dog treats & edible Christmas tree Australian :confused: I wouldn't feed any treats to my dogs that wern't Australian. I can see why you would be very very disappointed :(

Hi Sheena,

The treats are made by a family run business in Paddington, Queensland.

We wouldn't feed Olly anything cheap/nasty/imported either :)

Drewe

Yep, the treats are locally (QLD) made, which is good. And there was a postcard inside the box - it didn't look very Christmassy but it had a Christmas message on it.

I got an email back from the company. It was pleasant enough but apparently Christmas goods are very expensive and the post of the box is $15. So basically a third of the value is in the delivery rather than the goods inside the box. They don't say that anywhere on the website. Plus I actually wasn't expecting Christmas themed goods, just value for money and dog size/age appropriate items would've been nice with maybe just a small Christmas themed treat or dress up item/toy. They could've stuck a Christmas sticker on the box to bling it up if they weren't putting them in actual themed boxes.

The dogs will enjoy the treats but the toys will be destroyed in seconds so it makes them very expensive treats!

I think I am also disappointed that I don't get to try out new product lines or suppliers by being a regular box subscriber.

Hi Alyson,

As per my email, I'm very sorry to read of your disappointment.

Christmas stock is always very expensive and hard to come by. The value in the box is more than $45, considering delivery and other supplies that go in to the box.

I can honestly say that we do not have an exorbitant mark up on anything we sell, we're an honest small business who do this purely for our love of dogs; we just want to help make dogs and their parents happy and healthy.

We take customer feedback to heart, and will most definitely take note of your feedback.

I'm pleased to say that the feedback we've received to date has been positive, therefore we've continued doing what we've been doing; that said, it looks like there's some room for improvement with our Christmas offering.

I'm happy to pick up your order, as we're just down the road from you, and offer a full refund if you wish.

As per my email, you're welcome to call me direct to work things out.

Regards,

Drewe

Yep, the treats are locally (QLD) made, which is good. And there was a postcard inside the box - it didn't look very Christmassy but it had a Christmas message on it.

I got an email back from the company. It was pleasant enough but apparently Christmas goods are very expensive and the post of the box is $15. So basically a third of the value is in the delivery rather than the goods inside the box. They don't say that anywhere on the website. Plus I actually wasn't expecting Christmas themed goods, just value for money and dog size/age appropriate items would've been nice with maybe just a small Christmas themed treat or dress up item/toy. They could've stuck a Christmas sticker on the box to bling it up if they weren't putting them in actual themed boxes.

The dogs will enjoy the treats but the toys will be destroyed in seconds so it makes them very expensive treats!

I think I am also disappointed that I don't get to try out new product lines or suppliers by being a regular box subscriber.

Huh!?

That is a complete and utter waste of money.

Edited by english.ivy

I decided that I wanted to try the box and that is what they are offering and other customers are apparently happy with it but I'm not so it just means no more boxes for me. The dogs will love the treats and I have a bag of other toys to go to rescue so will just add the two in the box to it rather than have them immediately destroyed. Put it all down to a learning experience.

Perhaps the boxes are good value for people who don't have access to pet shops or who only use boutique type outlets? They have offered me a refund because I am so disappointed and there is not much more I can expect them to do. But I appreciate your feedback confirming my thoughts/feelings. I guess us dog savvy peeps might have a different idea of what we consider good value. (I'm trying to put my first world problem into perspective!)

It was in a post bag (eparcel) and I guess they are paying a flat rate of postage on all they send out. Not sure of the overall weight but I figure it could be just under 500g. They are running a business so I don't expect them to hand deliver mine just because they live close by! I think their office base is further east from me.

I'd be wanting more. Dogs don't care about brand names and half the time they just like ripping up the paper :laugh: although I agree about needing aussie made treats and stuff that isn't destroyed in a few minutes or looks like you can get it at the $2 shop. But anyway google tells me the items add up to approx $45 online retail. Not including postage.

(yes, I should be doing more important things this morning than googling and DOLing but I'm procrastinating :o )