Sheepdog Trial In Sydney

Vickie

I posted this in training but realise a lot of people don't go there, so thought I'd add it here as well...

For those interested in coming along to watch, or compete, we are holding a 3 Sheep & Yard trial in Sydney next year.

We have started a website:

http://sydneysheepdogclub.com.au/

And Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...b?ref=bookmarks

Any questions/comments/feedback welcome :)

That is very exciting Vickie! I haven't seen a 3 sheep trial before! I will put it in the calendar :)

Agility people: I can't get the PDF of next year's calendar to open - are there any clashes with the sheepdog trial?

Edited by Kavik

Be warned Kavik smile.gif, I remember taking a very young Trim to the last big sheep trial in Sydney...I knew then & there that I would be out there with a dog one day. It's taken a few years, but now that I'm doing it, agility has definitely taken a back seat.

The few times I have taken Kaos on sheep I got flustered because I had no idea what to do :laugh: Was told he had a lot of potential. At least agility obstacles don't move :laugh:

I haven't put Nitro on sheep yet. That would be very interesting :laugh:

Edited by Kavik

The few times I have taken Kaos on sheep I got flustered because I had no idea what to do :laugh:

:) I can guarantee you're not alone there!

At least agility obstacles don't move :laugh:

True. They are very different activities though...sheep work is so much about instinct whereas agility is not at all about instinct.

Be warned Kavik smile.gif, I remember taking a very young Trim to the last big sheep trial in Sydney...I knew then & there that I would be out there with a dog one day. It's taken a few years, but now that I'm doing it, agility has definitely taken a back seat.

Ha! I was bitten by the retrieving bug in a similar manner! Even so my Em is not as well suited to that as she is field work - blows my mind to just tell her to "get on" and let her take care of the rest.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

The first time I went out there with Delta (Vickie you may have even been there) I couldn't stop thinking "oooh, I touched the sheepie!" every time she brought them to me :laugh: thank god she isnt one to run them into me, I was too busy trying to pat them haha. By the time I started training Whip I had got over the fascination with them enough to tell them off whenever they wanted to trip me over.

I can't wait until we are in the position to get sheep again. I was really starting to get into it, Whip was working beautifully, Shock was 12months old and starting to switch on nicely, and then we moved to cattle country. Looking forward to getting them back on and giving baby Boost a look too.

• 2 weeks later...

Venue is less than 10 minutes from my front door.

Yay!

:)

Awesome thumbsup1.gif we'll see you there smile.gif

In the new, and going to be used 2015 diary already.

I love sheepdog trials. Lived in both the UK & UK & USA. Have attended a few trials.

Edited by VizslaMomma

• 4 months later...

Reminder that there's only 3 weeks to go till the Sydney Sheepdog Championships & Yard Trial.

Hope to see some of you there!

Admission is Free, will be a great weekend.

Check out our website for updates

www.sydneysheepdogclub.com.au

Edited by Vickie