Goodbye Robo

BlaznHotAussies

Sadly on the 30th November after suffering a reaction to Revolution, my beautiful Aussie shepherd, Robo, passed away tragically. Absolutely devastated and will miss his gorgeous, gentle nature & goofy antics. Such a well-loved dog and I wish we could have done more for him crying.gif

heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

Far too young.

post-44475-0-80582900-1418188153_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scootaloo

So sorry for the tragic loss of your beloved boy :cry: terriby devastating to lose him to an adverse reaction to a medication :hug: . Have you/are you contacting the manufacturer regarding this? My thoughts are with you during this very difficult time. Run free gorgeous boy :rainbowbridge: you will be forever remembered and missed by your family.

Thanks so much for the kind words guys smile.gif

Labadore, I don't know, I feel like I should contact them about putting a warning for certain breeds & to take care if you're not 100% sure whether your dog is MDR1 affected. I don't want to get into it on here though, his breeder & I have been in contact with many others with the same experiences & it sounds the same as his symptoms, plus it's too late to do anything now frown.gif I wish I'd known more about it before I gave it to him though. Because I definitely wouldn't have!!

Lisa, he was such an awesome Aussie, definitely very lucky that I had the privilege of owning him, even for such a short time because he had an absolutely wonderful temperament with not a mean bone.

Scootaloo I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free Robo. Look for a fun loving blue merle Aussie, Leo- He'll be the one making a lot of noise and making friends with everyone he meets - he'll take care of you. Tell him I said "hi" and that I still miss him every single day.

It is important with heartworm (and mite) treatment to be aware of any drug that contains "mectin". This is very dangerous for collie-type breeds, including Aussies. It's not just Ivermectin. Carriers can also show a response, but it may not be as severe. Dogs can also have a cumulative affect to the "mectin" drugs. This list may proove helpful:

http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/depts-vcpl/drugs.aspx

http://www.busteralert.org/

I'm so sorry for your loss again Scootaloo and please don't blame yourself. I know your breeder will be just as heartbroken as you.

Oh no, I just saw this - I am so sorry for your loss, Scootaloo. :cry: I can't even imagine how you must be feeling, it is one of my worst nightmares to have a dog react to the MDR1 sensitive drugs. Just tragic, I really feel for you. Run free gorgeous Robo, and watch over your family from the Rainbow Bridge. :rainbowbridge: