52/2015

gapvic

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woops! Got a bit behind... have had some cruddy weather recently plus I still don't have a memory card so there's not much point taking the camera out with me if I can only take 20 shots using the internal memory so still phone shots for now....

2/52

20150104_200408_edited_zpsb20f9967.jpg

3/52

20150119_1455350_edited_zps9859c768.jpg

Bit different for me. I went to a track day this weekend with my son. You take your own car and race round a track. First attempt at fast moving cars. Goodness it's difficult :) it was 40+ degrees just to make things more challenging :eek: Hard to pick a favourite. I have more on Flickr if anyone wants a look but I think I'll go with this one. My favourite car, a Mclaren MP4 and an Audi R8 just as the sun was going down at the end of the day

03/52

16127903527_fa52e5e02d_b.jpgAudi Vs McLaren by teejkay1, on Flickr

Edited by teekay

A guy on a photography Fb group I belong to knows the owners of these cars so he has shared this photo with them, giving credit to me :) They really like it, especially the R8 owner because he says it looks like he's winning :D I'm angling for a trip round the track in one next time :)

grumpette, just love Dee's manic expression

Yep, agree!

:thanks:

She pulls the most amazing faces when she plays and does zoomies.

I just need to work out what is better for capturing sharp moving photos, one focal point or a few focal points.

I just need to work out what is better for capturing sharp moving photos, one focal point or a few focal points.

I tend to not really think about focal points... I probably should though, haha

I'm no expert, and you probably already know this stuff, but still...

For sharp moving photos you need a really fast shutter speed. If i'm aiming for frozen movement, I'll usually go as fast as I can go dependant on the lighting conditions.

If you can predict where your subject is going, its also a good idea to focus on one area, before your subject gets there, then snap the shot as they zoom through :D

I usually just take loads of shots and hope for the best, lol!

I do tend to take way too many photos :o

Gorgeous pic by the way, love the crazy faces they pull when they're playing :love:

Edited by maddogdodge

I do tend to take way too many photos :o

I remember the good old days of film. Used to take miles of it to get one good shot, and had to wait for processing to see the result :o

At least now you can instantly see whether you've botched the photo or not :D

Love it, Terri! Very squishy indeed! :D

That expression, Grumpette! :laugh: Jess does the same with yoghurt containers - who knew it was such fun!

4/52 Weeks of Jess

16330818051_61bdc001e7_z.jpg

Baker Jess!

To celebrate my last week working full time at Bakers Delight. Excited and nervous to be moving onto another journey of bigger and better things :)