52/2015

gapvic

week 9/52

quick visit to the wetlands to catch the late afternoon light only to have dark menacing clouds roll in as I get there :(

White Faced Heron

16105414084_d10602d513_c.jpg

Rainbow Bee-eater, first time I have seen these guys :)

16107778683_f8d9efaa90_c.jpg

Leanne

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see you in hree Gapvic. interesting shots, not going to give me nightmares at all :laugh: Got to say, fantastic dress, I love it :thumbsup:

Fabulous bird photos Ozstar. The Rainbow Bee eater is especially good, very pretty, and always difficult to capture a bid in flight, so a big :thumbsup: for that one too. What lens did you use for these shots?

Great capture of the lizard Ranga, very pretty. I find them fascinating.

My contribution this week is a photo I took a few days after ex cyclone Marica had pushed through. Lots of rain means lot of fungi coming out to play. :) Had to get on my knees for this one and got a few ant bites for my trouble :laugh:

10/52

16640396842_1a8c88a1e5_c.jpgFungi by teejkay1, on Flickr

ETA, just found you on flickr Leanne :thumbsup:

Edited by teekay

I. Love. Fungi.

I have so many photos of different types. I end up with leeches though when I photograph them :laugh:

Good shot teekay! :)

Leeches! :eek: I'll stick with ant bites any day :scared:

OMG I love Rabbit Lady. I am so looking forward to the continuation of the story Gapvic.

Leanne, absolutely brilliant photos of the birds, especially the dining bee eater.

I am falling more and more in love with Didi as you continue to show her personality in your photos Terri

A huge Happy Birthday Kokoda. :D

Teekay and Ranga the crazy things we do to get that perfect photo. Teekay was that in macro mode?

Ranga what a magnificent photo of a lizard.

Canetoad you capture the most dramatic light photos. Stunning.

I missed week 9 due to the weather. It was going to be fireworks and Men in Kilts taken at the Craigieburn Torchlight Parade, but the lightening came and the heavens opened up, and we all ran.

So, I tried some more macro work this week, with the assistance of some skinks that are commonly around our pond. I need to work on my focus though, as only parts of the lizards are in focus.

Week 10/52

These little guys have a lovely copper coloured head

IMGP8300_zpsi4nx27wa.jpg

This rock is occupied

IMGP8189_zpspvpwhulu.jpg

They are incredibly agile and fast

IMGP8220_zpsmnxpynu9.jpg

Teekay, that is some great macro work. gapvic,nice surprise, glad you made it, love these too, the dress is something else :-)

Finally, FINALLY I can join in! So sorry to be late... it took far longer than I'd anticipated to get my head etc organised. I'll catch up as quickly as I can :o .

Shall we start in the middle of our story, where Rabbit Lady discovers her first sign?

No, let us go back to the beginning. This, then, is our heroine.

16102292883_e233543575_c.jpg

This, is Rabbit Lady.

16722242965_5daf207d09_c.jpg

Rabbit Lady lives in a weeny cottage,

16099918064_f916ebc17d_c.jpg

To be continued...

Thanks guys. The dress is from Bernie Dexter and is called Veronique (in Serenity Bridge print). I was looking for the right dress for her for a while and thought this one would be perfect :)

10/52 Weeks of Jess

16562607490_5b04222439_z.jpg

Well I lasted 10 weeks before using my iPhone camera :o

Just a quick snap from our forest hike for week 10, promise to use a real camera for week 11 :laugh:

Oh Shewolf that is a spectacular sunset alright. Breathtakingly beautiful...What a shot !!!

Yes! ^^^

Grumpette, yes, technically waiting his/her turn :D

Tay, Jess looks as though she'd like to be in Grumpette's scene ... In the water! :D

Edited by Ranga