52/2015

gapvic

Rabbit Lady is a veritable work of theatre, gapvic :thumbsup: I think you should devote a topic of her own to her so that we can more easily follow the story?

I must admit I was pleased to see she was fully clothed (& beautifully so), I wondered if you were going to do a 'Bunnies Being Bad' a la Peter Coulson? :laugh:

Lots of lovely pics from everyone again, we are all doing well :thumbsup:

10/52

The eerie light of the sun setting in the smoke haze of a bushfire

16574278428_fedd17bd44_c.jpg

Smoke Haze by Groenendevil on Flickr

I am going to be away for ten days or so from the end of the week so I will be late with next week's contribution - hopefully I will have plenty of shots to choose from!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Grumette, I can just imagine Zeph saying "My bum's not in, it doesn't count" :laugh: He looks very keen. :)

In answer to your question about the fungi shot. I don't have a macro lens so it was taken (along with this weeks shot) with my 24-70mm lens with a magnifying filter on it. Not as good as a real macro but my finances won't stretch for one of those yet :)

Fantastic sunset She Wolf, fantastic that we can take such great shots even if we don't have a camera with us. I love technology :)

Today's shot was a bit of a project. I am on a FB page where each week there is a theme for people to post their photos. This week was 'melting'. So, I found a lovely little leaf whilst I was taking my son to school, popped it in a tray with some water. In the freezer. A few hours later off out in 30º heat trying to simulate a spring thaw. :) It was a shame the leaf had managed to position itself right at the side of the block of ice so I was limited with what I could do but I think it looks pretty wintery :) My OH reckons it only looks like the leaf is sitting on the ice but it is actually half in half out. All good fun anyway. Not sure which one I like the best. I think the one of the leaf on it's own but with the other one you can see it was taken more in a forest setting (Sort of :laugh: ) I'll cheat this week and post both :)

11/52

16554415867_2380c801bf_c.jpgIMG_0052.jpg by teejkay1, on Flickr

16575548339_fde8c796d9_c.jpgIMG_0074.jpg by teejkay1, on Flickr

Thanks for the brilliant tip on the pseudo macro lens. I will definitely look into it.

A question for Helen: Is the sharpness of Tilly due to a "depth of field setting" or a "focal point setting"?

I am trying to work out how to blur the background to make my subject the focal point of the photo.

10/52 Weeks of Jess

16562607490_5b04222439_z.jpg

Well I lasted 10 weeks before using my iPhone camera :o

Just a quick snap from our forest hike for week 10, promise to use a real camera for week 11 :laugh:

Zeph "out of the water" was taken using my humble Samsung phone Tay, so we have both slipped. :laugh:

Oh Shewolf that is a spectacular sunset alright. Breathtakingly beautiful...What a shot !!!

Yes! ^^^

Grumpette, yes, technically waiting his/her turn :D

Tay, Jess looks as though she'd like to be in Grumpette's scene ... In the water! :D

Very true on both counts Ranga :D

Oh Shewolf that is a spectacular sunset alright. Breathtakingly beautiful...What a shot !!!

Yes! ^^^

Grumpette, yes, technically waiting his/her turn :D

Tay, Jess looks as though she'd like to be in Grumpette's scene ... In the water! :D

Aw, thank you. I love visiting this thread, so much inspiration and such beautiful pets :D

Terri I love Didi's ears. That is a great photo. :laugh:

Cows I love cows, especially highland cows. Great shot MDD

The colours in WA are amazing CT. The red of the earth against the blue sky is stunning.

Ah Jess, always somewhere fun.

WOW loving all the photos, it is fantastic to see such diversity in what people photograph.

missed last week...sorry

week 10/52

cousin with her new horse Jelly at their first show together

16613496757_f26d04e1bb_c.jpg

16613498377_50e2061833_c.jpg

week 11/52

gorgeous caramel Toy Poodle pup, loved photographing this little man :D

16819682432_27c4f57816_c.jpg

Leanne

Loving all of these great images

Canetoad, what a great image, brings a smile......

Ozstar, got to love a 'paint'

Tay, feel like I 'know' Jess

So, last weekend, we had the annual event, known as 'Woof Fest' at Western Sydney Parklands, great day for photo opps.

I loved this huge jumping castle in the likeness of a Dally.

Week 11

IMG_2682.jpg