Do You Believe In Reincarnation?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on two minds on the matter of reincarnation….I do and I don't. I won't rule it out as, quite often, truth is stranger than fiction but then….. I do believe that what may appear to be a coincidence is often meant to be, shame your OH has different ideas. 2 big dogs isn't considered too many but each to their own. Why do men always have to have the last say? :o

The last few posts have come pretty close to the mark for me too. I've had a bit of pressure from the family for the last year or so about trying to find another girlfriend.. really though, with my two beautiful dogs, I don't know if there is room for anyone lol :)

I don't know about reincarnation. It's be awesome if it were the case, but I do think that sometimes you can get signs, or gut feelings or things similar, and these things shouldn't be ignored. Things will work out for the best, even if you don't end up with a new addition to the family so soon :)

Edited by Holmesy

I have three Whippets, 4 cats, two horses, two alpaca, 2 cows, a sheep a goat and a husband and his working dog.......................I conceed he may have just given up somewhere along the line!

I think personally if we really do love and cherish our pets then it is supremely unfair of people in our lives to totally deprive us of them. You are not asking for your 3rd or 5th. Thats just my opinion on it though.

Hhhhhmmm ....

I lost my girl "KAL" and it was 2 years before I took the steps to take in another. I searched, deliberated, searched, deliberated. Had decided to plunge back into Ridgebacks (which is Kal's breed). I did have my own reasons to believe she was 'around' me still, though.

I went to KCC Park and spotted a RR Bitch I quite liked. Spoke to breeder who informed me she was planning to breed her bitch for another litter very soon. I asked her bitch's name and she wrote it on the back of a card.

I read it and for me it jumped out as words "KAL IS" (Kalis).

The bitch was bred and pups born. I didn't totally confirm my 'pick' until the night I went to collect him. Particularly because I'd had such a hard run at the last years of Kal's life with her health, and fought Vets until the cows came in to convincing them there WAS something wrong with her, etc. etc. etc., I really wanted a good HEALTHY doer of a pup and expressed this to the breeder.

My (now current) boy picked ME. I wasn't really interested in him, but he wouldn't let up. My friend/colleague who was with me at the time also couldn't believe how persistent towards me he was, always coming away from the rest of the litter to me. Mind you, I've since determined and very reasonable and plausible theory for that, but it's a whole other story so I'll leave it there.

And he came home with me on the anniversary date I'd adopted Kal, years before. This date was not planned by me. It was the first date the breeder would permit the pups to leave the litter.

And it turned out, he had/has complicated and still unofficially diagnosed health issues. And my run with Vets ensued from there. I often mused whether Kal orchestrated things so that he was destined for me, as I'm quite certain the odds were against him due to his health issues if he'd gone to another purchaser.

A range of strong coincidences, for sure. Reincarnation? I'm not sure. In my case, I don't think it's that. But I do believe that there are forces who guide (in my case, PUSH) events into your lap, for whatever their universe reason is.

One thing though - I don't see reincarnation as an external appearance thing. I see it more as an internal core, a personality, a character, type thing, something you might also see in their eyes, their windows to their souls. I think a reincarnation, if it does exist, could just as easy happen across species, so looks wouldn't necessarily signify - that could perhaps relate to a lineage link.

Edited by Erny

I have three Whippets, 4 cats, two horses, two alpaca, 2 cows, a sheep a goat and a husband and his working dog.......................I conceed he may have just given up somewhere along the line!

I think personally if we really do love and cherish our pets then it is supremely unfair of people in our lives to totally deprive us of them. You are not asking for your 3rd or 5th. Thats just my opinion on it though.

....and I have envy!

I only have the husband now, he's a really nice husband but it takes a dog (or two) to make my life more complete.

You guys 'get' me! I know this Bella is not my Bella but by golly she just has something about her...

On the weekend we drove past a BMW dealer, hubby wanted to wander through, he saw 'the' car he's always wanted (but can't have :)). Everytime he mentions it, I mention the dog! He should know not to mess with me :p

I really hope you find your furry friend soon.

I didn't have my own dog once for a few months, still had my husbands old Stafford adn 3 cats and a horse or two, but oh it was hard, so very hard. My dog had died unexpectadly and I really thought I would have her another few years. Five months on I got my puppy, all was good with the world again.

Fingers crossed yours is not too far away :)

I can't believe someone that loved us and knew how much we loved pets, would ask us NOT to get another one..

Surely if they really care, they want to see us happy??

When we lost Dan and then Ollie dog in the space of 3 weeks, I knew we needed another pet to make the house (and life) livable..

There were some that told me to wait and don't rush into it but I knew I needed another pet (as much as he needed me at the time)..

I can't believe someone that loved us and knew how much we loved pets, would ask us NOT to get another one..

Surely if they really care, they want to see us happy??

When we lost Dan and then Ollie dog in the space of 3 weeks, I knew we needed another pet to make the house (and life) livable..

There were some that told me to wait and don't rush into it but I knew I needed another pet (as much as he needed me at the time)..

Getting a new pet is a very personal thing. Some need lots of time, some need company straight away, no way is wrong or right. I agree if my husband told me I could have no pets then that would be enough to give him an ultimatum, they are part of me, always have been always will be. Fortunately he is the same.

True OSO and I guess it would be something that you would know about each other before some sort of commitment to a relationship (if someone didn't like pets and didn't want them around).

We actually met as his cat was brought in with snake bite to the clinic I worked in :)

He visited his cat often - my dad loves cats and I feel a guy who loves cat must be alright - and it went from there. We have always had at least 2 cats around :)

My beautiful girl, Bella, passed away almost 2 years ago at the age of 11 from cancer. We got Bella from the RSPCA in Sydney when she was 8 months old. She hated cats, dogs that weren't bigger than her, children, men in hats, men with beards... When she first came to live with us, she would hide from the world by squeezing behind the couch (that's when she wasn't eating or playing with Casper). My hubby and I would take it in turns to sit on the couch and pat her and talk to her. Before long she was a confident, happy girl who just made our family complete for the next 10 years. Naturally I was devastated when she passed away.

This was Bella at age 11

post-6292-0-43961100-1418354481_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I was looking through Petrescue, out of curiosity more than anything else and came across this: Pet rescue link

If this dog was 1 year younger, I'd be convinced it's my girl. My husband sees it too.

Do you see it?

eta: you need to click on Bella's photo to enlarge it...then you can see what I'm talking about more clearly

Certainly quite the resemblance.

I'd like to hope reincarnation of my dog if it is possible from the quantum existences, that my dog would come back as a Human and 'catch up with me' haha..

The Human world would be a better place for her presence I'd like to think.

Dogs special energy.

Sometimes other people know us better than we know ourselves, in that they can have a more reasoned and unemotional view of the ramifications of doing or not doing something.

:laugh: That said, to be dogless is something I cannot imagine although one day, it will probably happen because my dogs are all old as am I, so as they cross the Bridge, I won't be rescuing any more.

I think you should go off and adopt this other Bella, WSM.

Sometimes other people know us better than we know ourselves, in that they can have a more reasoned and unemotional view of the ramifications of doing or not doing something.

:laugh: That said, to be dogless is something I cannot imagine although one day, it will probably happen because my dogs are all old as am I, so as they cross the Bridge, I won't be rescuing any more.

I think you should go off and adopt this other Bella, WSM.

Same with me DDD. My dogs are getting on in age for their breed now and one is in congestive heart failure for which he is medicated. At my age I won't take on another dog when they pass on, presuming I outlive them. I can't imagine what it would be like to live without a dog in my home. It's scary prospect.