Pope Francis: All Dogs Do Go To Heaven.

PepitoVFR

We are Catholic too, and hubby went to a Catholic school. We were both taught as LisaCC was.

However, it is great to hear that the Pope has re-enforced our firm conviction that animals do go to heaven too, as I too would not want to be anywhere that did not have furry friends!

Anyone who has looked into a dogs eyes cannot believe for one second that they don't have a soul, in my opinion

Di

Di

I am Catholic too.

If the dogs are not there in Heaven, I will just go to The Rainbow Bridge and rejoin my loved and missed companions.

:rainbowbridge:

Apparently this was a false report, encouraged by PITA, and the reality is more complex. Catholic doctrine on animals going to heaven seems to be ambiguous.

See:

http://factually.gizmodo.com/pope-francis-didnt-say-that-all-dogs-go-to-heaven-1671221288

bottom lines from the above article. The NY Times printed a long confusing retraction of the report.

"Some outlets that re-reported the story from the New York Times even got statements from PETA, who applauded the Pope.

"PETA Christian is deeply touched and encouraged that Pope Francis has acknowledged that other species are called along with human beings into eternal life with Christ," PETA Director of Christian Outreach and Engagement told Buzzfeed.

So I guess if we've learned anything valuable from this story it's that PETA has a Director of Christian Outreach and Engagement. No word yet if they're still deeply touched and encouraged by the Pope now that the truth has come out.

The battle over whether dogs (and people) have souls rages on."

On the other hand, Francis did turn a report, begun by his predicessor, that had criticized US nuns for being overly liberal (ie, not spending sufficient time enforcing rules on contraception, etc.) to a report that praised them for compassion.

Did Christ not say?

"....and not a sparrow falls"

There is no Catholic doctrine as such on souls of animals. Believe what you will. Wasn't the Catholic church teaching us 40 years ago that no sin goes unpunished, and most of us were destined for the hot place?

On that basis, animals are more likely to access heaven than humans.

And Pope Francis does seem, to me anyhow, to be the most Christian pope - with Pope John Paul II, in centuries.

I'm Anglican and I understand that there's no doctrine either way. So it's good to hear Pope Francis come out in support of animals going to heaven. My God is a kind, just God and I can't see him/her not having furry friends for eternity. And the Bible is silent on the matter - and it's humans who demand sentience to go to heaven. And who says our companion animals don't make active choices??? Only God knows. So I'm looking forward to spending eternity with my four- legged companions. thumbsup1.gif

Edited by westiemum

If one holds the belief that all the universe is the creation of God..then how can one believe that only humans go the 'heaven' for after all the bible says in genesis Then God commanded, “Let the earth produce all kinds of animal life: domestic and wild, large and small”—and it was done. So God made them all, and he was pleased with what he saw.

h

• 4 weeks later...

"POPE Francis has delivered good news for dog lovers everywhere — our four-legged friends are welcome in the kingdom of God."

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/pope-francis-all-dogs-do-go-to-heaven/story-fnjwkt0b-1227154669551

The new pope is a good man (for a god botherer anyway) but he better watch his back with all these liberal views he espouses :)

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did he say about the fleas?

Edited by Souff

"POPE Francis has delivered good news for dog lovers everywhere — our four-legged friends are welcome in the kingdom of God."

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/pope-francis-all-dogs-do-go-to-heaven/story-fnjwkt0b-1227154669551

The new pope is a good man (for a god botherer anyway) but he better watch his back with all these liberal views he espouses :)

Cheers,

:coffeesplurk: Ahh! Souff, it's good to see you posting after a long absence.

Still laughing here.

Cheers,

;)

:coffeesplurk: Ahh! Souff, it's good to see you posting after a long absence.

Still laughing here.

ah yes, some of the furries have gone to God, so I had a cleanout and voila, I found a keyboard! ;)