Wanted-->medium/bigger Rescue Dog Suggestions

I have edited the title as I got it all wrong, see my post # 6 for correction :o

If I can remember correctly there were two Tibbies (or Tibbie x's) in Qld looking for a home.

can anyone remember what rescue group had them?

A woman who goes to my pottery group is interested in adopting two rescue dogs

Edited by Boronia

If I can remember correctly there were two Tibbies (or Tibbie x's) in Qld looking for a home.

can anyone remember what rescue group had them?

A woman who goes to my pottery group is interested in adopting two rescue dogs

That was the beautiful Ellie & Sam, who are a pair & with Little Legs Rescue. They were adopted, but the owner returned them because Sam couldn't handle the stairs at her place. Bet she lived in a typical Queenslander, on stilts with lots of stairs. So they're still for adoption.

Scroll down to see them on the Facebook page. That's the older pics before they were clipped right back, which made them look so young & lively. The rescue might still have those cute clipped pics, too.

https://www.facebook.com/LittleLegsDogRescueQld

Edited by mita

Well I really got that soooo wrong.

I presumed the dog was for her when she texted me (is texted a word?) shortly after I had told her about Little Legs' Tibbies!

Her reply after I emailed her, is--> It's for a friend who is looking, not me. She doesn't especially like small dogs. She just likes to take old dogs that won't have a good chance to find a home.

I have emailed her the link to Red Collar Rescue, and AWL Qld

I have asked for her to get me more doggie-info but in the mean-time some other suggestions would be appreciated

Depending on what they want, they could save a life. There's the poor old Staffy boy (good with other dogs) in Temora Pound, he's about 8 years old. He's brindle - photos in the thread in Urgent. I'm happy to contribute towards the current donation to help get him to safety.

Have emailed her with the link Dogmad :crossfingers:

She just likes to take old dogs that won't have a good chance to find a home.

[/i]I have emailed her the link to Red Collar Rescue, and AWL Qld

That's such a lovely attitude.

Red Collar Rescue folk are wonderful people. I couldn't recommend them too highly, either.

Also AWL Qld are great in seeking out homes for older dogs. AWL run the Ipswich Pound as well as the two Brisbane Council Pounds (one northside, one southside .... and have a shelter on the Gold Coast. I'll have a look at what they presently have.

I just found this lovely Yoshi, medium-sized, with Best Friends Rescue (good people) in Brisbane (& Gold Coast).

He gets such an all-round top report... looks like he'd be sweet with another dog (& kids & cats!) as well. I'd love this boy, myself:

What can we say about YOSHI .. he is 10 years old and a very fit and happy gentleman.

Yoshi is a Kelpie Cross so he has lots of good energy.

He does not suffer with separation anxiety.

Yoshi is super sweet and loves dogs and LOVES kids and even cats.

He is is a wonderful dog with many great traits.

Do not let beautiful black Yoshis age put you off .. once you meet this lovely gentle guy .. you will fall in love with him. (click, enlarge).

post-3304-0-21235100-1418865636_thumb.jpg

Scroll down to find his entry & how to make enquiries.

http://www.bestfriendsrescue.com/dogs.html

Edited by mita

AWL Qld came up trumps, too, with another perfect gentleman older dog, Rocko. No pic yet.

Phone 07 55099000

Address Shelter Road, Coombabah, Qld, 4216

Type Dog

Breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cross

Second Breed Australian Cattledog

Sex Male Colour Brindle / None

Desexed Yes Age 9Yrs (approx)

Size Medium

Price $50.00

My health has been checked.

My vaccinations are up to date.

My worming is up to date.

I have been microchipped.

Animal Identification

Animal ID: 30691

Please take note of the Animal ID before contacting us

Shelter Tag Number: 101450

Email to a friend!

No Photo

A Little Bit About Me

Rocko is an older gent who is looking for a calm, quiet home where he can get out for a daily walk. He has lived with kids before, is house trained and well behaved inside. He loves his raw food like chicken necks and mince, and really enjoys human contact. He gets along with other dogs, and won't mind being by himself or having a mate at home.

We unfortunately can not put animals on HOLD over the phone

For further information please email [email protected]

I just found this lovely Yoshi, medium-sized, with Best Friends Rescue (good people) in Brisbane (& Gold Coast).

He gets such an all-round top report... looks like he'd be sweet with another dog (& kids & cats!) as well. I'd love this boy, myself:

What can we say about YOSHI .. he is 10 years old and a very fit and happy gentleman.

Yoshi is a Kelpie Cross so he has lots of good energy.

He does not suffer with separation anxiety.

Yoshi is super sweet and loves dogs and LOVES kids and even cats.

He is is a wonderful dog with many great traits.

Do not let beautiful black Yoshis age put you off .. once you meet this lovely gentle guy .. you will fall in love with him. (click, enlarge).

post-3304-0-21235100-1418865636_thumb.jpg

Scroll down to find his entry & how to make enquiries.

http://www.bestfrien...e.com/dogs.html

Thanks Mita, I have copied your info and emailed it to my friend

There are always older greyhounds looking for homes :(

A quick look in your area shows me Ava from Friends Of The Hound

http://www.friendsofthehound.org.au/available/ava/

or Cheeky from Greyhounds New Beginnings

http://greyhoundsnewbeginnings.org.au/?page_id=115

Gumtree Greys have Alyce who is almost 10.

http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/273997

Edited by HazyWal

• 2 weeks later...

The 'position' is probably long since filled. But just in case.... or if people will kindly circulate lovely Lilly's details to anyone else who might be interested

. For adoption from AWL Qld, 11 yr old pretty cattle dog lady ... who even comes with a natural heart shape on the front of her head. Again, I'd love her myself!