Where Has Everyone Gone?

sandgrubber

When I joined DOL Forums there were dozens of new posts a day and a lot of lively conversation. Seems like everything is lagging now. Only five topics got new entries in General yesterday. Is it just me, or has much of this site's traffic wandered off to social media or elsewhere?

I also find there's not nearly as much dog discussion as there used to be. The forum is mostly Off Topic discussion now. This forum used to be the place to go to learn about dog health, behaviour, training and really everything about dogs. Sadly, not any more.

When I joined DOL Forums there were dozens of new posts a day and a lot of lively conversation. Seems like everything is lagging now. Only five topics got new entries in General yesterday. Is it just me, or has much of this site's traffic wandered off to social media or elsewhere?

Facebook.

I guess there are only so many things to discuss about dogs - most "action" is in Off Topic which I suppose relates to FaceBook and other social media.

I've said it before, but I believe DOL is divided into too many sub forums. A lot of good advice and interesting topics are missed. It took me years to discover the "View New Content" button :o

I much prefer a forum to Facebook as everything is so much easier to find and read. Trying to read a thread on Facebook with 500 comments just leaves me enraged. I prefer Facebook for small talk, but for any sort of discussion I prefer a forum.

I've been feeling like a thread killer or someone who lots of people have on ignore. I go into a new post with excitement. Post something then it all goes dead. So little to get riled up over these days so yes I agree, DOL is quiet and getting quieter. How dare people go off and have lives!

I've been feeling like a thread killer or someone who lots of people have on ignore. I go into a new post with excitement. Post something then it all goes dead. So little to get riled up over these days so yes I agree, DOL is quiet and getting quieter. How dare people go off and have lives!

laugh.gif

What if... Everyone is more content and doesn't need to ask questions?

You know like when people complain when News programs only run fun stories, that's a good thing! No bad news laugh.gif

Edited by LisaCC

I love your posts, LG!

I think a while back we had a lot of long time Dolers who were very opinionated & their topics and posts inspired a lot of lively discussion.

They've all been banned or moved on over the last few years. I've noticed their absence too. I miss them. Well some of them. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm thinking what dee lee says -

all the exciting fast moving threads get removed before I find them.

I like forums better than facebook but one of my friends who won't buy a new computer before she buys a new house (and it's been over 7 years of not buying a house so far because the house she wants doesn't exist)... so she uses her phone to FB and doesn't visit the forums any more.

One of my other friends from DOL meetups - also uses FB a lot more now and doesn't post so often here.

And we stopped doing the dol meetups because not all the dogs got along so not all the owners got along.

I much prefer a forum to Facebook as everything is so much easier to find and read. Trying to read a thread on Facebook with 500 comments just leaves me enraged. I prefer Facebook for small talk, but for any sort of discussion I prefer a forum.

Yeah me too. It has been very quite here for a while now.