Rocky's Days Are Numbered - Advanced Lymphoma/lymphosarcoma - Now

Rebecca G

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So very sad & extremely difficult to let go of something you unconditionly love & cherish but it is also a very selfless thing to do so.

Beautiful tribute to an obviously much loved family member & best friend... made me cry. Rocky was a very fortunate boy to have had such a loving family. He is pain free now in a peaceful place. Rocky will never "be gone" though as he will always have a special place in your heart & all those fond memories of him :rainbowbridge:

Be kind to yourself through this difficult time. Gentle hugs to you :flower:

Edited by BC Crazy

Thank you again everyone, it is a difficult time and was a very hard decision to make, but we are glad we made the right decision for Rocky. The hardest thing is trying to explain all this to our nearly 4 yr old, even though she said her goodbyes to him before it happened and we have since laid flowers on his grave so she can have some closure, but she still doesn't quite understand and wondered why she can't hear him barking from under the ground and calls heaven, Kevin. And keeps asking if Rocky is going to come home from Kevin. God love her, but it makes it hard to keep explaining that his body was not working very well anymore but he is still with us in spirit and is barking and running around in heaven...

I would also like to put a photo of Rocky on my avatar on here to honour him. But I have tried many times and keeps saying that my files are too big. Can anyone help me get a photo on here of him? Thanks in advance, Bec xoxo

can you resize the picture if you right click on it? and then make it your avatar ?

Try opening the picture in another program, (I just used Mircosoft Office Picture Manager) the clicked re-size, change the percentage until it's under the 100 limit - save as - then it should be right to go.

If you don't have microsotf, you should be able to do something similar in another program

Edited by Justrace

Thanks, done :)

Ok so my Avatar now shows our beautiful boy Rocky, may he Rest In Peace.

I would just like to thank you all for your kind supportive words at one of the most difficult times of my life, I sincerely thank each and every one of you!

Please give your fur baby/babies a big extra hug tonight, for Rocky> As I wish, more than anything that I could give him one more hug, cuddle or pat!!

Edited by Rebecca G

Oh Bec, thanks for sharing your story about Rocky with us. It has left my eyes watering. If any folks understand the close bond we have with our dogs you will find them here. My condolences on losing him. They can leave a hole in our hearts that stays there but gets filled with warm memories in time. Take care! RIP Rocky. :heart:

LabTested, thank you for your thoughtful words!

And oh my, that little verse is absolutely beautiful and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting it.

It brought tears to my eyes, it is so beautiful and true!!

Love and light xo

Yes, they certainly do, JustRace!! And thank you, he really was a beautiful boy and to us very special! He was a giveaway at 4 weeks of age in Tasmania and he and his siblings were advertised in the Hobart newspaper, I rang and he was the last one left - he really was for us!! :)

Rest In Peace Rocky!!

Yes, they certainly do, JustRace!! And thank you, he really was a beautiful boy and to us very special! He was a giveaway at 4 weeks of age in Tasmania and he and his siblings were advertised in the Hobart newspaper, I rang and he was the last one left - he really was for us!! :)

Rest In Peace Rocky!!

What a wonderful chance Rocky got when you replied to the ad.

We meet dogs like Rocky, and they are part of our hearts for always.

I shed tears reading of your efforts to do the very best for this beautiful boy.

When that hardest of hard choices needed to be made, you stood strong and gave Rocky your ultimate gift of love. Thank you for being so selfless for him.

I am convinced Rocky will be at The Rainbow Bridge playing with my Gabor & my Tibor. All of them are now waiting for us & that happy day of reunion.

Run free, sweet Rocky.

Love to you Rebecca

:rainbowbridge:

Thank you again everyone, it is a difficult time and was a very hard decision to make, but we are glad we made the right decision for Rocky. The hardest thing is trying to explain all this to our nearly 4 yr old, even though she said her goodbyes to him before it happened and we have since laid flowers on his grave so she can have some closure, but she still doesn't quite understand and wondered why she can't hear him barking from under the ground and calls heaven, Kevin. And keeps asking if Rocky is going to come home from Kevin. God love her, but it makes it hard to keep explaining that his body was not working very well anymore but he is still with us in spirit and is barking and running around in heaven...

Oh dear, your poor little girl. Yes, they just don't understand and think that the dogs (or other pets) have just gone somewhere for a while and will be back. It is very difficult when we have our own grief to contend with and at the same time try to help someone else with theirs. My heart goes out to you all.

So glad you got it to work, he's a lovely looking boy. Go gently, they leave a big hole when they go.

Yes, a very beautiful boy who was meant to share his life with you.

:heart::heart:

Hi, Chemotherapy treatment is considered the gold standard for this aggressive form of cancer and usually consists of a combination of oral and injectable drugs given on a frequent basis. The exact treatment protocol will vary depending on the veterinarian and financial resources of the dog's family. The Wisconsin Lymphoma Protocol is a short, but intense chemotherapy regimen currently popular with oncologists as the primary canine lymphoma treatment. I hope, this may help!

Hi Ryan, yes we looked into the Chemo treatment and even had the money ready to spend. However the vet suggested that with the fact that he had a golf ball size tumor in his lung and his breathing was very laboured that he wouldn't have even made it through the operation of taking a lymphnode out to get the tissue biopsy to determine what treatment would have been best. Also his lymphoma was very advanced. From diagnoses to departing this life it was only 19 days. The weekend of diagnoses they said his liver had stopped functioningproperly and as a result he was severely anaemic. The day the vet came to put him to sleep she said he had internal bleeding!! :'(

Thanks for your info though