Rocky's Days Are Numbered - Advanced Lymphoma/lymphosarcoma - Now

Rebecca G

VizslaMomma, yes we are very fortunate that we replied to the ad in the newspaper that day! Rocky sure taught us so many wonderful things in his life and we will all miss him, but are more happy knowing that we got to have him for 11 wonderful years! What a gift he was to us!! :)

And yes I am convinced to that he is playing with your Gabor and Tibor at the rainbow bridge and they are waiting for us to be reunited with them.. Xox

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dame Danny's Darling, yes it is very hard with our little one. She asked me last night if we could Rocky his body back. When I said that we can't coz he he is in heaven, she asked if we could take a plane there, then when I did a plane couldn't make it to heaven, she thought about it for a minute and said 'what about a helicopter?'

She says good morning an good night to Rocky everyday, she is so sweet! xo

Aww Rebecca so sorry to hear this :(

my little girl has been gone almost 12 months now from Multi Centric Lymphoma

it came on so quick and was very aggressive also

she did last a bit longer than the vet said

but I also chose not to go the chemo track as wasnt going to be a good outcome

we gave her the quality till her last morning with us

feeling your pain so much

as it a horrible thing

Hugs to you and family

So sorry for your loss. We lose so many dogs to cancer it is devastating. I get so many emails from people like you who have stories to tell and it breaks my heart. Thank you for posting that lovely poem it came from the heart.

Just for the record AGE is not really a relative factor in cancer treatments. I share many stories on my Facebook page about dogs ten plus and they cope well with chemotherapy. The posts I share are from vet oncologists which explains why they do so well. They are the experts in cancer treatments which are being updated and changed all the time. They have to do a lot of reading to keep up with it so they can offer the best known options for their clients.

Edited by smiley4444

Oh Dame Danny's Darling, yes it is very hard with our little one. She asked me last night if we could Rocky his body back. When I said that we can't coz he he is in heaven, she asked if we could take a plane there, then when I did a plane couldn't make it to heaven, she thought about it for a minute and said 'what about a helicopter?'

Poor little darling. From all I've read, one day she will just put is behind her - not a conscious decision just something the mind of a small child does.

I sometimes wonder about whether telling small children that a loved one (human or animal) has gone to heaven. They can't comprehend and think heaven is a real place and so someone can come back or we can go there and visit.

Not easy. We have to draw a very very fine line between trying to help children understand and accept and frightening them.

• 4 weeks later...

losing a family member is always heart breaking and twofold when you have a young child.

Saying good morning and good night to Rocky every day is a lovely way for you little one to gradually work thru the grief.

may the memories that Rocky made with you all remain as fresh and bright as the days they were made .. for then the smiles will return as you remember - even as the loss remains forever.

hugs

Helen