For The Benny Fans: Benny's First Christmas

Brandiandwe

It's been over 6 months now, and Benny fits in here like he's always been here. He's got clean teeth and has put on a bit of weight, walks along happily with the others, and spends his time lying down or chasing lizards with the others. Our biggest concern in the corn on his left front paw. It's made him very lame over the past week, the core isn't coming out, and I'm thinking a therapaw boot might be the next stage for him. Looking at him, you can see the remodelling of his shoulder to compensate: drives me insane! A relatively easy thing to manage at the start (by keeping his nails short) is now something which impacts him in an ongoing fashion. Grrrr. That aside, he is a complete snugglebum and delight. Here are a few photos from Christmas when he took part in a greyhound Secret Santa. His Santa was in America and sent him some lovely things. Unfortunately, he was too warm to really enjoy them.

In his lovely new collar.

P1012552-Copy_zps42eff514.jpg

With all his loot!

P1012549-Copy_zps6200f2b7.jpg

At our Christmas picnic for a walking group.

P1012466_zps2666d4b5.jpg

P1012459_zps10950854.jpg

Running with everyone. He's beside the brindle dog. Can't quite catch up or keep up with everyone, but does enjoy himself.

P1012455_zps9b85b057.jpg

Sorry ~ I do not know your Bennie's story, he is a most gorgeous and lucky boy. Sending lots of love to you both. xx

Benny is a DOL dog. We got him out of the pound on the first of June this year thanks to a coordinated effort of DOLers , and he came to us for fostering. We (DH and I) then decided that we could manage him and didn't want to risk rehoming him at the age of 9.5, so he now lives with three other greys. Apart from what might be termed benign neglect (no exercise, looooong nails and corns, and appalling teeth) he has come together again, though the feet and muscle tone are gone forever I fear, but I do feel answerable to the DOL collective!

He's a poppet!

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh Benny you sure are one lucky guy!! There is nothing better than seeing well loved and cared for dogs. Merry Xmas Benny!