Nexgard - Has Anyone Tried This Yet?

Tilly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm another who is very keen to try this product but will wait awhile to read customer reviews as I live in a coastal tick area. Very happy with Advantix but Nexgard only has to be given monthly orally so that appeals to me.

Yes Sheena I think everyone is waiting for someone else to have a go LOL. Can't say as I blame them. Lots of risks trying new products especially if the product doesn't do all its suppose to. The results could be well,deadly...

I was ready too buy it today after chatting at the vets, as we hate spot ons and I have to get the frontline original from ebay as my sammy pants all night otherwise with the plus.

So excited to see a tablet, expecially having young kids, but the reviews have really scared me away.

Yes, I guess, but I checked many other dog forums on posts regarding it and heaps have issues, there are only the odd person who hasnt had an issue and heaps who have? These are just forums like this asking about the product and if anyone has used it, so not review sites.

Unsure what to do at the moment.

Vet said it still has to be given fortnightly for ticks, which is exactly same timing as Advantix application.

I will stick with Advantix as I don't fancy internal dosing especially fortnightly and I have never had any problems with Advantix.

I have tried it - only once so far a couple of weeks ago. My three dogs ( 2 Border Terriers and a Beagle) were all keen to gobble it up and I saw no bad reactions at all.

When I bought it I hadn't read any bad reviews about it. I was a bit nervous about using it, but gave it to them when I was going to be with them 24/7 for a couple of weeks so I could keep an eye out for bad reactions.

We live in a high tick prone area in Sydney so I am using Scalibor tick and flea collars as well, just to be on the safe side.

Will let you know how it goes ...

Not according to my vet or the leaflet from the company they gave me, once a month, covers fleas and ticks. Even the website says it kills fleas and ticks for 30 days, so your vet must be mistaken?

Vet said it still has to be given fortnightly for ticks, which is exactly same timing as Advantix application.

I will stick with Advantix as I don't fancy internal dosing especially fortnightly and I have never had any problems with Advantix.

Edited by fluff1234

Oh if that is the case Stitch I certainly won't bother even trying it.

Thanks for the heads up on that ☺

Well that's what she said last Thursday. She was the one that told me about it and said it would have to be dosed every fortnight for ticks.

I haven't read any of the blurb but either way, as I said, I am happy with Advantix.

They are all low grade poisons..... a necessary evil or I wouldn't be using them at all.

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:

NexGard is for use in dogs only. The most frequently reported adverse reactions include vomiting, dry/flaky skin, diarrhea, lethargy, and lack of appetite. The safe use of NexGard in pregnant, breeding or lactating dogs has not been evaluated. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures.

Edited by Stitch

Both my girls a mini schnauzer and a mini schnauzer x mini poodle have had a dose each. One has semi sensitive skin and gets the odd mild reaction. They used to be on sentinal spectrum but recently ticks have become more common in my area so we used to use a spot on or collars aswell so I was looking forward to this new treatment amd the vet recommended it. They had the chews end of December and so far so good no reactions no ticks no fleas no side effects at all no change :) will continue to watch them but im pretty darn happy with it so far and I havent heard any thing bad talking to other owners in day to day life and work. So I keep my fingers and toes crossed for you all!