Anyone Ever Ordered From Whelpingsupplies.com.au?

fuzzy82

I ordered a couple of toys on their site on December 6, and paid by direct deposit the same day. I still haven't received the toys, nor a confirmation email of any kind. I emailed them about a week ago asking how my order was coming along, but there has been no reply.

Anyone else ordered from them? They seem pretty dodgy to me.

The owner is a member here, it clearly states on her website that no emails will be answered between the 24th of December and the 5th of January so if you emailed a week ago, you might need to wait until after the 5th.

AFAIK lots of people have ordered and received everything from whelping supplies to deer antlers with no issues at all.

If you waited from the 6th of December until a week ago without making any contact when you had no receipt/confirmation of purchase, then I think it is a bit harsh suggesting a business is dodgy when they have posted on their site they won't be able to respond between certain dates. Just my opinion, but I think you should have followed up sooner or heeded the dates on the site before bad mouthing here.

Maybe they couldn't match the direct deposit to the order. Or you got the direct deposit number wrong - happens with my bank website and account numbers with spaces in them.

But the site owner is a member here - and seems quite reliable to me. I haven't ordered from her website but I have had email conversations with her.

You do need to try contacting again and you do need to wait until after the fifth now.

Thanks for the replies. I certainly don't want to badmouth a reputable business, but they haven't really met the standard I expect from online stores.

For instance, if they hadn't received payment from me within a week, an email to check if I still wanted the item would be in order (either automated or manual), with the option to cancel the order. And I did enter the correct details, I always double check, and I have since checked my statement. The money was sent to the correct account number. I entered the invoice number as the reference. There shouldn't have been an issue.

A confirmation email when they received payment would have been nice too.

I fully expected to have to wait a while, being so close to Christmas, but they haven't instilled a lot of trust when I have sent them money and they have then proceeded to ignore me since the order was placed.

Also, running a business and not even checking emails for two weeks is crazy. For a few days that are public holidays and weekends, all good. But to not even check your emails for that long? Weird. I run a business and I'm taking time off for Christmas, but I still check emails every day. A fast response to people's emails instils trust and makes them feel looked after. Also, if they are not going to check emails, how about an auto-reply that informs people of this? Very easy to set up.

I didn't see the message on their home page, as I got to their website through a Google search for a toy I wanted. And I placed the order well before they went away on holiday, more than 3 weeks before. I would expect to hear from an online store within 3 weeks of placing an order.

They may be nice people and everything, but they are not really meeting the standard set by many other online stores.

Just because you think it's how a business should be run, doesn't make it so! They chose to have time off over Christmas and good for them. They are reputable, something has obviously gone awry. Speak to them directly after the 5th and I'm sure it will be sorted.

Communication also works both ways. Had it been my order and I'd heard nothing after a week had passed, I'd take the initiative and contact rather than waiting for a response. Also, Dog forbid someone takes a couple of weeks off work during the Christmas season. :/

I've also ordered from WhelpingSupplies with no issues and found the service to be prompt and professional.

Also, running a business and not even checking emails for two weeks is crazy.

One of the joys of living in Australia is there are still places you can go that don't have phone signal or internet. Like my cousin's farm.

Some businesses can afford to have fully automated systems that automatically send the receipt etc.

Some are done manually by humans. Depending how much profit is in the system - is how much computer system they can afford to pay for.

And yes the auto reply is a good idea. Maybe they forgot or maybe they've found that most of their customers don't like it. I don't feel at all special getting one and with one business I deal with it can lead to a sea of confusion as every email I send by way of an email conversation gets a reply from the computer first, then from the human and sometimes I get replies from two different humans - so automating things can sometimes make the problem worse.

You're probably right - something has gone wrong - this business is run by humans. But you need to talk to them not whinge on here.

I've had a similar problem with a much bigger ebusiness and I got it all sorted with a phone call.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

I ordered a couple of toys on their site on December 6, and paid by direct deposit the same day. I still haven't received the toys, nor a confirmation email of any kind. I emailed them about a week ago asking how my order was coming along, but there has been no reply.

Ordered from them several times without issues.

I would try again next week & ensure you resend all the info.

Hope all goes OK.

The joys of owning/running an online store :eek:

It can be really frustrating sometimes. And though sometimes customer do have legitimate complaints, it is amazing how challenging it can be dealing with customers when they communicate from behind a keyboard... many seem to have computer cahoonies / keyboard warriors.

The most common issue we have is when customers inadvertently enter an incorrect bank account number and their payment gets bounced back to them... and they don't check or realise.

I certainly won't try to speak for the lovely lady whom I know that operates Whelping Supplies... but I do know from our point of view, we do our very best to do the right thing by all our much appreciated customers.

I have dealt with whelping supplies several times and believe they do exactly the same and are reliable, prompt and professional.

I am sure your issue will be sorted out once she returns from a well deserved break.

What exactly did you order?? It is a Whelping supplies website and I can't see any toys on it!

I do know that for some items there is a message that says your order is a preorder as the item needs to come from overseas first.

Well, there are 18 days between 6 - 24th for delivery. 2 1/2 weeks.

I would be upset too if my goods didn't arrive in 18 days and there was no explanation from the supplier, especially if my $$ had been received.

Might be everyone's best friend, but poor service is very unbusiness like.