Keeping Dogs Cool In This Heat

grumpette

that looks like fun. I couldn't afford the water although I did hose my mare down to cool her off.

I hear you Kirislin. We are very lucky to have access to a bore and very large roof area, including the shed, to catch rain water. We have a 34,000 litre in ground concrete tank and a 10,000 litre fire water/garden tank, so we are rather lucky. :)

:laugh: Mine have been 'helping' me water the garden this morning - town water (though I do have 30 000 litres of tank water for emergencies). They are now damp (as I am :laugh: ) and tired and sleeping inside on the floor beside me. They are on the carpet at the moment, but will move onto the slate if they get too warm. Haven't broken out the clam shell yet - one of the problems with that for me is that bees drown in it :( .

Usually just sleeping hahah

If its really hot i will be in the aircon- as will they.

Otherwise we have mandatory 'dunkings' in the pool and they run around wet for the day. Kokoda would swim all day long but the other two arent fond of it. I just put them on the first pool step and they jump out again- but the relief you can see immediately.

ETA: as we speak we are all on the couch doing it tough laugh.gif

Edited by denali

Brembo has been inside with the aircon on all day, plus ice blocks in his water bowl. Just got home and let him out to pee and then straight back into the aircon.

I'm the fool that decided today would be the day to run errands - foolish woman lol.

Back out into it I go!