Missing Rescue Dog - Update :(

**Please move this if not okay posting here, was just hoping for more traffic.

Missing from Glen Iris, Victoria.

Megsy the rescue dog has been missing since Friday 2/1 morning.

She has been in foster care for many months but had only been in her trial forever home for less than 24hrs before she escaped so she is not at all familiar with the area.

She went missing with her friend Millie who devastatingly was found passed away on the train lines in the area she went missing :(:rainbowbridge:

Megsy is a miniature poodle, approx 18 months, female desexed, microchipped.

She is very terrified and has no road sense what so ever as she was still learning how to be a dog.

She has been on the run for 2 days now, we are praying she has survived the horrible heat and roads around the area.

15572156953_4d31e846f9.jpg

Emma 0402771736 or Meg 0414673435 from Kaya's Mission if you have any leads or sightings of this little girl.

LINK to her facebook thread if you would like to share.

Many thanks!

Please no negative comments, we just really want this girl home safe and sound ASAP.

ETA: spelling.

Edited by MavericksMission

Oh dear no... poor gorgeous little Megsy :(

I hope she is Ok. It has been so hot & she is in new territory.

Everything crossed that she is rescued & returned ASAP to safety.

Such a worrying time for all concerned. She looks like such a dear little girl.

R.I.P to her little friend Millie who sadly didn't make it. Poor little girl :(

Edited by BC Crazy

I'm assuming save a dog has been told and are helping? I really hope she is caught soon the poor darling, she must be terrified and Wednesday is set to be hot again.

Yes Save a Dog have been informed, as have all the other pounds and shelters just in case someone who manages to catch her doesn't know of Save a Dog, they have been great. The Rangers and the police have also been helping out plus a massive communitee support.

Praying she is found safe today before it starts heating up again.

Edited by MavericksMission

Is the foster carer able to help look for her as it would appear that they are probably the only people who she will respond to.

The foster carer has been out searching also, unfortunately they live a few hours away so can't be down here as often as they'd like. If there is a sighting of her they are called down to try and catch her.

Megsy has joined her sister at the rainbow bridge after being struck by a car late last night :cry::rainbowbridge:

Oh no. This is so sad, poor little girl would've been so frightened and confused and then for it to end after days like that. :cry:

That's what breaks my heart the most Kirislin, those days of terror she experienced for the 5 days before this heartbreaking outcome :(

Megsy has joined her sister at the rainbow bridge after being struck by a car late last night :cry::rainbowbridge:

Oh no. This is so sad, poor little girl would've been so frightened and confused and then for it to end after days like that. :cry:

It is just too too sad. To have to live with the knowledge that your darling girls ended their lives running in terror.

:cry::cry::cry: