Fertility Vet

Fordogs

In my breed that's completely normal. They don't come in season under 14mths old and I have plenty of girls that only come in once a year while others are around 8mths. Other lines in the same breed start at 9mths and then regularly 6mths after. Speak to your breeder and get to know what is normal for their dogs. The only one I've ever taken to a repro vet didn't come in till she was 5yrs old :eek: She was mated and whelped a normal litter. The vet could only tell me to just wait and see as there was nothing they could do about it.

ETA greyhound people will tell you to find a good muscle man as there is supposedly a back manipulation that will help them come in season. I've never tried it so cant say if it is successful or not

Edited by shantiah

Sorry I can't talk to her breeder as that IS ME :)

She will be 4 years old in June and only had 2 seasons with 19 month between 1st & 2nd.

This is not normal for my breeding ... Her mother has always been a 4 month season girl and her grandmother was always 7 months so I believe there is a problem, 19 months between 1 & 2nd season is certainly a problem and now she is 10 months from her 2nd.