I Need Help With My Dogs

Simply Grand

You mentioned not being able to afford Boarding Kennels, but would it work if you approached local ones and offered to work to pay for their board? There could be issues with insurance but might be worth a try? Might also be a foot in the door for a job too. Best of luck, sounds like a horrible situation.

I like this. Or would it be feasible to offer your services as a house/pet minder? That way you'll be able to stay with them & look for your own place & job without anyone breathing down your neck.

Sorry can't help with Brisbane/GC area in those fields.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great minds Bertie, I'm literally just looking at house sitting sites. There are plenty of pet/house sitting jobs but I don't know if people would allow the sitter's own dogs. Maybe I can find something a bit rural where there's space.

We did emergency boarding in certain situations at RSPCA ACT so I'll call Brisbane tomorrow and see if they could take them short term.

Step dad came out to the dogs when they barked a bit at the neighbours arriving home at about 9:30 tonight not realizing I was out there with them. I don't know what he was going to do (I don't think he'd hit them) but I can see it coming to a head again pretty quickly!

SG he sounds like a bit of a jerk. If he hits your dogs you have every right to lock him in the run and leave him there.

I'm in Melbourne or I'd love to help out! You could all come stay.

I'll.keep an eye out for housesitting in the area, I have a few friends up there.

NB as per toxic relatives thread we have no bedside tables and apparently that's an issue. Haha.

He's very difficult to get along with Steph, he has very strong views on everything and no ability or inclination to understand that other people are different. He's also very strong on the principle of things so even though it would be practical and have little impact on the house crating the dogs at night on the tiled floor of the huge ensuite off my room is not ok because I was told they were not allowed inside.

I fairly sure he wouldn't hit them because he does have some idea of how much the mean to me but I'm not 100% sure. Even if he just growled or yelled at them he'd scare them and they're already stressed with this set up. Saxon is really struggling, he's so attached to me and was with me all the time when I was at home for his whole life so far :(

I'm glad you're at least getting some ideas. If you can find someone to temporarily care for them, sending them interstate by road might not be that much, not sure, I haven't investigated it myself.

If you do get them fostered one thing you need to be careful of is make sure it's clear in writing that whoever cares for them is only doing it temporarily, you are not giving them away.

That's actually how I came to find this forum years ago. There was a big campaign to "get Blossom back" A person had left her dog with a neighbour I think, but when she asked for her back the neighbour refused. I think it went to court and the neighbour won.

Simply Grand, I could take one .... as long as it was happy to be part of the mob. Would be inside. I think perhaps Saxon? Would he be happy to be inside most of the time, outside for runs, toilet and exploratories. He would go into the crate for his dinner. He sounds like the one most likely to succeed here with the other dogs. We have lots of dogs, and never any problems.

I have a very elderly cavalier, and wouldn't like a new dog to upset him - and a smaller one would probably suit me better.

I live between Brisbane and the north coast. Takes about 1.5 hours to get here from Gold Coast via M1 Gateway. If you are interested you could bring him or all of them up, and we could have a talk about it, and see how yours would fit in.

Nothing worse than being somewhere which doesn't work with the dogs.

Guest crazydoglady99

Jed! What an awesome offer!!

I am a little too far away.. but if there is anything i can do to help, please don't be afraid to ask!!

Thank you thank you thank you Jed!! That would be fantastic! I'd love to bring them to meet your dogs and maybe see whether Saxon or Riley fits in better with them?

When might I able to come? I'm totally flexible with times but the sooner the better :)

I'm glad you're at least getting some ideas. If you can find someone to temporarily care for them, sending them interstate by road might not be that much, not sure, I haven't investigated it myself.

If you do get them fostered one thing you need to be careful of is make sure it's clear in writing that whoever cares for them is only doing it temporarily, you are not giving them away.

That's actually how I came to find this forum years ago. There was a big campaign to "get Blossom back" A person had left her dog with a neighbour I think, but when she asked for her back the neighbour refused. I think it went to court and the neighbour won.

That's really horrible :( I don't think Jed will steal mine though ;)

That's really horrible :( I don't think Jed will steal mine though ;)

I think you'll be safe with Jed. The only problem I see, is that you will demand she takes you as well. Superwoman!!

K, that story still haunts me. I still believe Blossom's mum was very poorly served by the Law.

Ha, ha, I definely wont pinch one!! I bloody have enough, thanks very much. Also, I am the limit of my breeders' permit so cannot have another one.

So, which one should I ditch to pinch one of GDs? Which one would fit better with my breeding program? Hmm, not sure. :rofl:

Have sent you a pm, GD.

9a9a45dc-b566-4dac-b7ff-1f39e301db9b.jpg

DevillandhispupsandLara040.jpg

DevilNov13005.jpg

Edited to add that I remember the case with Blossom (pomeranian?). Such a nasty thing. I would probably have choked the neighbour in the beginning and saved the court case!!! :laugh:

Just need to see which of the dogs will get on with the others. Talk to you when I see you.

Edited by Jed

No, I definitely wasn't suggesting Jed would keep one, I wrote the comment before she posted, but it is important to know who you're leaving them with and that it's clearly understood you'll be covering costs, and be wanting them back. Good luck I hope things are working out for you.