I Need Help With My Dogs

Simply Grand

i will pm you when I get back to see if you need me or not- fingers crossed you won't (wishing it easier on you!) - but very happy to help out if you do. You can never have too many dogs :)

Edited by denali

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awful position to be in GD and it is wonderful the offers of help you are receiving. Good luck in your house and job hunting and hope you find both very soon. :)

Jed, this pic is soooooooooooo cute. :love: Don't you just love the boys, no modesty :laugh: Your boxers are beautiful, love their colouring and beautiful coats :thumbsup:

9a9a45dc-b566-4dac-b7ff-1f39e301db9b.jpg

I think I want a bucket of boxers now... *grin*

T.

Me too please ! :heart:

And the really good thing is that you only need one bed!! Delightful dogs.

Thanks for those nice comments Labradore,I love red (or fawn) boxers. I think Henry is quite pleased with his bits!! Love the way they are the focal point in that photo!! I have to creep up on them with the camera, if they see me coming, they get up to greet me .... so I just snap what I see!!

I think I want a bucket of boxers now... *grin*

T.

Me too please ! :heart:

And the really good thing is that you only need one bed!! Delightful dogs.

Thanks for those nice comments Labradore,I love red (or fawn) boxers. I think Henry is quite pleased with his bits!! Love the way they are the focal point in that photo!! I have to creep up on them with the camera, if they see me coming, they get up to greet me .... so I just snap what I see!!

:rofl: That has to be the photo of the year!!!! And I do mean 2015 - would be hard to top the bucketful of Boxers. :laugh:

Phew, what a day, although I'm feeling relieved tonight. I was throwing up last night and too nauseous to eat all day today and I'm pretty sure it was from anxiety, trying to sort all this out :o

So last night I found a local lady on findadogminder.com.au and sent through a request for her to take Riley. She replied to me this arvo and we arranged to meet ASAP. Talking to her she sounded lovely and was used to have multiple of her own dogs but doesn't own any currently so I asked her if she'd consider taking both the boys. We went over there and the boys loooved her and were SO excited to be inside the house being involved in things. There was a mix up with the price she charges quoted on the website so we negotiated somewhere between what I was expecting and what she normally charges and the boys are now staying with her. I got an update saying they are happily settled on beds relaxing.

So Jed, I so, so appreciate your lovely offer but I won't need to take you up on it after all :)

In the meantime poor Quinn cried and howled the whole 2.5 hours I was gone taking the boys :( apparently mum was in with her half the time trying to calm her down and step dad was telling her off the other half. She was soooo stressed when I got back, her face looked like a person would look if they'd been crying for hours (if that makes any sense). I took her a long walk and she was SO happy, I nearly cried thinking how awful she must have felt, thinking I'd taken the boys and left her behind (brings tears writing it). When we got back I sat out with her in her area (where I still am) and she was licking my arms and legs and it was like a puppy seeking comfort. Normally when she licks me it's on my face and she does it with a real protective, maternal energy as though she's looking after me but I could feel the difference in her energy today. Then she sat next to me panting for a while and now she has finally conked out on her bed in exhaustion.

Denali, I will see how we go now with just Quinn here but I really don't know how she'll cope so may well need to take you up on your kind offer when you get back :)

Huge thanks to everyone for your suggestions and support, especially Jed, Gallomph and Denali. Even just being able to talk to understanding people has helped so much!

Edited by Simply Grand

No, I definitely wasn't suggesting Jed would keep one, I wrote the comment before she posted, but it is important to know who you're leaving them with and that it's clearly understood you'll be covering costs, and be wanting them back. Good luck I hope things are working out for you.

I know you didn't mean you thought Jed might take one! I just didn't want to imply with my reply that I thought she might lol.

I'm so glad you've found a minder. It was a good idea to post here and get suggestions of what to do. I know with myself if I'm overwhelmed I cant think straight and would not have known what to do in your situation. I hope you find somewhere suitable very soon and get back to being a family again. :crossfingers:

That's fantastic, GD, and I think they will be happier together. If there are any problems, the offer still stands. Mine were all looking forward to having someone to talk to. They love having doggy visitors.

Krislin - I know you didn't mean me!!

Thanks for all those kind words about the boxers, everyone. :)

That's fantastic, GD, and I think they will be happier together. If there are any problems, the offer still stands. Mine were all looking forward to having someone to talk to. They love having doggy visitors.

Krislin - I know you didn't mean me!!

Thanks for all those kind words about the boxers, everyone. :)

I'm adding mah name to the want a basket of boxers list too, please.

I do insist that that bonny boy boxer be included.

:thumbsup:

Denali, I've PMd you again :)

Also just putting out the call again for whether anyone may be able to take Quinn for a little while? I'm hoping I won't need to, I should find out about a couple of houses I'm hopeful of getting tomorrow but in case they don't work out it would be great to know if anyone might be in a position to have her.

:thanks: