Recommendation For Groomer

Pockets

Hi Guys

I have a lovely little 9 month old Cocker Spaniel that needs a good groom. However I dont want her clipped, I just want her trimmed and neatened up, particularly head, feet etc...more like the "Show" look I guess.

Can anyone recommend a good groomer in the Geelong OR Werribee area that would be able to do this.

I know there are lots of groomers about, however I want to make sure I go to one that will do what I want and not just shave her

Thanks in advance :)

If you don't want her clipped do you want her hand stripped?

This can be very time consuming and therefore expensive which is why it's generally only done on show dogs.

Also has your girl been desexed yet? This often changes the coat which can make it not suitable for hand stripping.

Hi Leah

I just want her feet trimmed, legs trimmed, head etc, just to have her all neat and tidy. I just don't want her body shaved like the pet groomers do, as I prefer the look of the show cockers :)

No my girl is not desexed :-)

Contact the Cocker Club of Victoria (sorry, don't have the web address, google is your friend) email them, and ask. They will probably know someone.

I think you want the head, ears, chest and feet clipped up, and the back coat perhaps thinned and shortened. A cocker groomer will do that.