Flying My Frenchies To Europe

Phae

Hello I'm very new to this but I really need some help, I'm flying overseas in a couple of months and I'm taking my two French Bulldogs with me, have sorted out the pet transport etc but would really like to meet other people who have flown brachy breeds over such long flights? I'm stressing badly? My little girl gets very anxious with loud noises so I'm buying them the adaptil collars, hopefully these will keep them calm.

The only airline that will fly them is Emirates from Australia to Greece. If there's anyone out there that has done and experienced this please let me know as I am very worried and have heard some shocking stories. The pet travel transporters have tried to tell me that they fly dogs all over the world all the time but I'm more concerned with the fact that they are brachy cephalic? My little girl has had her nasal passages enlarged so she breathes much better now, my boy is very chilled so he should be fine. But any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Phae

Are they crate trained yet ,if not start ssap & for longer & longer periods

I never ever fly my dogs with collars on to risky

No their not crate trained, they have the run of the house, I work from home so I've never needed to crate train them?

No their not crate trained, they have the run of the house, I work from home so I've never needed to crate train them?

Sorry Showdog meant to add that I don't put collars on them and no I won't be putting collars on them on the flight. I have always used harnesses for walking them.

Thank you

I think you'll find that Showdog is referring to having Adaptil collars on them during the flight. Adaptil spray on a blanket would be safe (if a blanket is allowed - years since I flew a dog).

Get them really used to crates so that they enjoy the experience of being crated and it becomes a comfort rather than another new thing.

Sags

:)

Sorry Showdog meant to add that I don't put collars on them and no I won't be putting collars on them on the flight. I have always used harnesses for walking them.

Thank you